The Last Word

Dick Elmore

Aug 22, 2003
Central Illinois
Visit site
:confused: I have just realized something. After having submitted a new thread or having replied to an exsting thread, I notice that all further communication regarding that thread ceases to exst. Now while this can be very flattering, it is also very scary to think that I am the final word on any subject. Would anybody care to venture a guess as to why this is ? Please ?

Dick
Texas Chief

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Dick-
I feel that the reason why, (as you say) you had the final word, is only a streak of luck. I am glad that the topic of spelling had been closed. It was getting a little out of hand and while lying in bed the last night, I got to thinking and started wishing that I had never posted my second post on the subject. After giving it some thought, I had decided that I had inserted both of feet in my mouth at the same time. Now I know why I have a full set of upper dentures and it's not because of to many sweets or bad brushing habbits. It's my own two feet!!!!!
So don't take (or think) anything personally about you being the last word put in, it's just your luck!!!!!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I think its just coincidence Dick. I've had it happen a few times to me as well. Maybe we just wrote the definitive word on the subject and no further commentary was neded! :)
Ralph

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
Dick,

I've been "the last word" on a lot of threads and have felt just like you about it! I'd like to think Ralph is right! However, just think of it this way: it's a dirty job, and somebody has to step up and do it! :p ;) :thumb:

Dick

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
It happens all the time to many of us. You read an interesting thread, you enter your 2¢ worth and think: "Well, I'll get a bunch of answers on this...."
...and nothing happens. No more post - THE END - finito - period - exit - zilch!

Then you start to feel like a non-person - kinda feeling lost. :(

Dick, rest assured, it happened to me MANY times (the more you post, the more chances you have to play the FRED on a thread :D).
And yes, sometimes you're just in for a streak of bad luck - it happens all the time to many of us.... (hmm, didn't I mention this before?) :eek:ops:

Ron

PS: I wonder if somebody will continue THIS thread now? :p :wave: :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Rest asured, I will add to it. Don't know how many times I've been on a forum, be it this one, a DTP, CAD or any other forum, and I post something that I think should get a response. Two weeks later, and it's now on page 42 somwhere, banished, never to be read again. :cry: :cry:

Worse yet, start a new thread on some subject and no one, not one person adds anything to it. :eek:ops: :eek:ops: Now that's really hard to take.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dick Elmore

Aug 22, 2003
Central Illinois
Visit site
:wave: Thanks guys for all the replies. You make me feel a lot better. Ron "The Fred on a thread" is about the most perfect description I've ever heard. Lynn, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. That was a good one.
Thanks again folks, I feel much better now!!

Dick
Texas Chief