The Last of "A Day on the A & T"

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
This will be the last in my series from “A Day on the A & T”. The return trains to Alpine would be a bit redundant. But for those of you who have taken a look you have pretty much seen how an operating session on the A. & T. R.R. is accomplished. It takes from three to four real time hours to run “a day”. It is a lot of fun having friends over for a session and we always have lots of great times and conversations. It’s a great hobby isn’t it! For those of you who commented .........THANK YOU VERY MUCH - they were much appreciated.

So, lastly, loads get sorted, empties get spotted and trains are made up for the return trip to Alpine.

No.7 chugs past behind “Ed’s Mining Supplies” as it shoves empty reefers into the “Smith’s Produce” siding..................

Attachments

• 42edsmin.jpg
    42edsmin.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 196

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Spotting Cars

Five stock cars have already been spotted at the “Big Bend Stockyards” and No.7 is shoving yet another reefer into Smith’s............................

Attachments

• 43edsmin2.jpg
    43edsmin2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 194

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Telingua

Despite the heat, Terlingua bustles with activity. No.6 is about to cross main street on the way to the turntable. ....................................

Attachments

• 44thetown.jpg
    44thetown.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 191

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Back to Alpine

The Alpine bound passenger train departs pass the water tank while No. 6 waits with loaded ore cars. Passengers who get back to Alpine will have to spend the night at the “Gage Hotel” as there are no S.P. passenger trains until the next morning. The loaded ore cars will be held at the Alpine yard until morning also. The S.P. freight out of San Antonio will pick them up for the trip to the El Paso Smelter................

Attachments

• 45ptno6.jpg
    45ptno6.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 186

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
T-Turn Departs

Eagle Head Mountain looks down on the Terlingua yards as the North bound T-Turn does a break line test before departing for Alpine..................

Attachments

• 46aturn.jpg
    46aturn.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 183

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Last Train Out

The “Alpine Cattlemen’s Association’s” drover's caboose rolls out of Terlingua and into “Stop Gap Tunnel”. It’s about 5:00pm “layout time” and except for the Silver Dollar Saloon, things will be pretty quiet in Terlingua until the next “Day on the A & T”..................................... :)

Attachments

• 47bye.jpg
    47bye.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 177
N

narrowsteam

Jack, Nice photos your railroad looks awsome every time I see it.
:)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great modeling, & photos, Cinnibar, as always! :thumb:
Hopefully, you will continue to post photos of your modeling here...it is always very inspiring to me!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Thanks All!

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the kind comments. I finished up with 46 pictures of the A & T doing this series. It was a lot of fun sharing the A & T with the "world". I used some software that came with my computer to burn a CD, with music no less, so the A & T has been preserved for the future and I like that idea. Now I can get back to work on some of the other projects that have been waiting for attention, Tortise switch machines, some detection for my staging yards, weathering some engines and rolling stock - back to work.
If I get anything interesting going I'll certainly post it on "The Gauge".
Thanks Again!! :D