The Humongous Tiny model

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sdk2knbk, Feb 14, 2007.

1. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

While talking to Ron about the Bridge model, I came up with this insane idea. I was remembering Phil's Tiny and Humongous challenges when I though of it, and it's also geting late, so my judgement may be a bit off:roll: . What I thought of was this, reduce the Bridge to 1/100 or smaller, and enlarge Ron's Enteprise to the same scale to install it in. (I was also thinking of Ekuth's Galactica, so there's a precedent!) Whattya think? Impossible? Or is someone out there nuts enough to try it?

Scott K.
  2. Sumato

Sumato Member

Well, lets think of this logistically...

at 1:100 wouldn't the Enterprise be about 9 1/2 feet long? So if the current model is at 1:700, the 1:100 version would have 49X as much surface area, which equates to 49 times as much paper. (assuming you can fit the parts onto the paper as efficiently as the original)

Hey, It may take a couple reams of paper to make the SOB, but what better use IS a couple reams of paper anyhow? I say go for it!

I'm sure Spock would say it's just not logical, however, to have such a large paper fire hazard in your home, once it's completed.
  3. gwssms

gwssms Member

While you are at it, why not take Butch Price's hakos and install them on the bridge. :)
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I'm nuts enough...but...I don't wanna. Great idea Scott. You gonna include the Phaser weapons too??? THAT would be a microscopic marvel in itself!
  5. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Never mind. Remember, I did say it was late and my judgement was impaired. I've seen a giant rocket sticking out of a roof, a nearly full size Gundam, and a full scale helicopter frame, so who knows? A 9 foot Enterprise? I'd be willing to be there actually is one out there somewhere (but not necessarily paper.)

Scott K.
  6. widget

widget Member

Trust me,there is. Fiberglass,resin and vac-u-form.
  7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

You know this idea isn't a total loss if you don't mind making the bridge smaller and not make the ship so large :D

8. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

That's what I had in mind in the first place. However, the ship would still be huge, and some of the Bridge parts would be downright microscopic!

Scott K.
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Well, sacrifices must be made... Get to work.... ;)