The Henry Ford Museum, lots of pics

Illus

Sep 24, 2006
Wyandotte, Michigan
We went to the Museum to take our son to see Santa, so while we were there I snapped some pics of the trains they have. Enjoy

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

Illus

Sep 24, 2006
Wyandotte, Michigan
The Lionel Christmas layout at the museum. Lost of track, 4 or 5 trains, and a couple of handcarts and trollies, houses made from candies. Pretty nice, could be ALOT better in my opinion.

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

Illus

Sep 24, 2006
Wyandotte, Michigan
And finally, Me and my wife and our son infront of the tree, (yes, that tattooed psycho looking guy is me:) ) and my 11 week old Jamis, with Santa.

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

Hope you liked the pics.

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Cool trains! My parents went there earlier this year, and took some pics (no trains) while there. One of the pics was of a Texas Instruments Instructor (I think thats what its called) toy for kids, that I had when I was younger, and actually still have

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Funny how some things look exactly the same over time... except when we were there (August of 2001), the Allegheny had it's headlight on. Pretty huge place wasn't it? Did you manage to do it all in one day?

Attachments

• big boy 2 low res.jpg
    big boy 2 low res.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 98

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Good to see that you're getting the little guy started early. Enjoyed the pictures. I've always wanted to get back that way to see the Ford Museum. Now I really want to go there.

Illus

Sep 24, 2006
Wyandotte, Michigan
TrainNut said:
Did you manage to do it all in one day?

Is that possible?!? It's only 15 minutes from our house and we have a season pass, so we go to the Museum at least once every 3 months (the travelling attractions change quarterly, usually) and to Greenfield Village every couple of weeks. It's just nice to go walk around, ride the train, and see what they are restoring or preserving.

My son rode Thomas the Tank Engine there for the first time while he was still in the womb!

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Cute kid! Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

I may have to see about getting over there just to see the museum!

Going to the one in Chicago in the spring sometime.

Rick

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Illus said:
Is that possible?!? It's only 15 minutes from our house and we have a season pass, so we go to the Museum at least once every 3 months (the travelling attractions change quarterly, usually) and to Greenfield Village every couple of weeks. It's just nice to go walk around, ride the train, and see what they are restoring or preserving.

My son rode Thomas the Tank Engine there for the first time while he was still in the womb!
Ahhh, lucky you! My wife and I lived in Toledo for a couple of years and visited the museum twice and both times never made it outside to Greenfield Village. I sure miss it up there (Ohio/Michigan).