The Guage Rail Road

L

lester perry

What is going on with the guage RR all the posts seem to be 6 years old. Is it still alive or is it in recievership. what are the colors descided on ect.
Les

N

nachoman

or what ever happened to the gauge boxcar? All this happened mostly before I joined...

Kevin

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I should let Ed answer this, but unfortunately the Gauge boxcar was badly damaged in an accident. It was a lot of fun to have it tour our layouts and take photos. Ed did a great job on the car! Seems like there is some interest in reviving the Gauge RR. I'd love to see members add to the roster and photograph them on their layouts!
Ralph

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Is it still alive or is it in recievership?

Seems like there is some interest in reviving the Gauge RR. I'd love to see members add to the roster and photograph them on their layouts!

There you have it... It's your railroad! ;) :thumb:

So how about a revival... any takers on new (or old) rolling stock, structures, locos for the ol' Gauge RR?

Andrew

scubadude

Sep 5, 2006
Richardson, Texas
Here's my idea ..:idea:..I really like the idea of a "touring" boxcar, tanker, flatcar, caboose, whatever that we can send around the world to each other for photos on all the great layouts. I personally don't have the skills (yet!) to scratch a car... Maybe we could have a "contest" for those that want to build one and we can all vote on the ones to send out. I guess that's probably how the last one got damaged! Anyway my 2 pennies worth..:thumb:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Don't get the 3 threads confused....

The Gauge Boxcar took 2 manifestations.. 1 HO Scale and 1 N scale. The main rule was that you HAD to take at least a few pictures of "that one car' on your layout or a club layout. No other rules as to placement ot whether you even had it on a train.

The third thread (Gauge Railway) was (and still is) for any member that wants to build 1 or more cars for their exclusive use on their personal or club layout -- these do not tour.

The greatest part of the tours were seeing where they went and how long it took for the cars to get through the tours :D :D...

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
The 1/87th scale Traveling Gauge car, or Ol' Blue as she is known, took a tumble off the Christmas layout when a 1/1 scale automobile hit my house. The house had minimal damage(two course stone wall on the front porch), but Ol' Blue took a hit by a ceramic house. Saved the ceramic house(about thirty years old), but Ol' Blue was a wreck.