The Griswold Railway Hotel

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Matthyro, Dec 12, 2003.

1. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

So as well as eating more cerial, I also have to drink more coffee? :thumb:
  2. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

David, this is correct. At least, when you're drinking lots of coffee you stay wide awake all night. And so you might have a slight chance to follow Robin's pace through his projects! :D :D :D

3. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Sears? Amazing, Robin.
    Maybe? after a couple more of your buildings, I might try it again.
  4. jsolie

jsolie Member

Sears catalogs?!?!?!! :confused:

*WHAP* (sound of hand hitting head) Why didn't I ever think of that before... :D

-- John
  5. belg

belg Member

For those of us in NJ area you could use Kmart or bed and bath or linens and things fliers as well. Pat
  6. mhdishere

mhdishere Member

Fantastic as always. Since I don't think I commented on your last couple buildings (I was offline for a few hours :D ) let me say they're awesome too.

Keep up the step-by-step instructions, maybe someday I'll tackle one!
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Been working on my layout some so haven't been spending much time on this but here is a photo of progress so far.

Attached Files:

• m10.jpg
      File size:
      45 KB
  8. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Great master, please bore me to death too
    :thumb: :D :thumb: :wave:

Great master, your work is a-m-a-z-i-n-g:eek:
  9. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

It is shaping up great Robin.
  10. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

That hotel sure is coming along nicely! It's got a very interesting shape, I might add... noticeable from this last photo... must be filling an odd spot on the module. ;)
  11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Man, Robin, you Rock, babe! How many of these gorgeous structures do you have in place now?
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Wow Robin, that's looking great. I love the architectural moldings - they really add a lot.

Regarding curtains, I've had great results from photos posted online. Just do a Google search for window coverings - lots of sites sell these and have conveniently provided thumbnail photos for us modellers!

Keep up the great work Robin!

:thumb: Val
  13. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Robin.... I am (with your permission ) going to put the whole of your City of Griswold buildings on a CD so that I can run a workshop at The Saturday afternoon Group I belong to.
    A lot of my friends would like to follow in the steps of the Cardboard Master. I humbly suggest that you should think of doing it commercially or at least copyright your methods
    I know that you do it for the advancement of our great Hobby,but what the Hell...make a few bucks for your effort I hope this is food for thought. Anyway many Thanksfor the inspiration you give us all
  14. Matthyro

You are most welcome to do whatever you need to share these buildings Jimmy. I am not looking for any copyrighting or going commercially. All I want is to know I have been of help to my model railroader friends.
    I will get back to this building but have been busy entertaining my two grandaughters and of course their Mom and Dad who have spent the holidays here.
  15. Matthyro

As we slowly get back to normal after the holidays I got back to the hotel and am adding the kitchen and service areas.

Attached Files:

• m11.jpg
      File size:
      47.7 KB
  16. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Welcome back Robin. We missed ya....Hope you had a great Christmas with the grand kids
  17. Matthyro

The hotel is basically done and ready to be installed on the corner Ntrak module.
    This photo shows some roof details

Attached Files:

• m12.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
  18. Matthyro

The other side showing the receiving dock.

Attached Files:

• m13.jpg
      File size:
      41.8 KB
  19. Matthyro

A street level view

Attached Files:

• m14.jpg
      File size:
      35 KB
  20. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Great looking hotel Robin. Like all the detail.:wave: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: