The Griswold Railway Hotel

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
David, this is correct. At least, when you're drinking lots of coffee you stay wide awake all night. And so you might have a slight chance to follow Robin's pace through his projects! :D :D :D

Ron

mhdishere

Feb 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Robin,
Fantastic as always. Since I don't think I commented on your last couple buildings (I was offline for a few hours :D ) let me say they're awesome too.

Keep up the step-by-step instructions, maybe someday I'll tackle one!

CN1

May 6, 2003
Great master, please bore me to death too
:thumb: :D :thumb: :wave:

Great master, your work is a-m-a-z-i-n-g:eek:

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
That hotel sure is coming along nicely! It's got a very interesting shape, I might add... noticeable from this last photo... must be filling an odd spot on the module. ;)

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Wow Robin, that's looking great. I love the architectural moldings - they really add a lot.

Regarding curtains, I've had great results from photos posted online. Just do a Google search for window coverings - lots of sites sell these and have conveniently provided thumbnail photos for us modellers!

Keep up the great work Robin!

:thumb: Val

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Robin.... I am (with your permission ) going to put the whole of your City of Griswold buildings on a CD so that I can run a workshop at The Saturday afternoon Group I belong to.
A lot of my friends would like to follow in the steps of the Cardboard Master. I humbly suggest that you should think of doing it commercially or at least copyright your methods
I know that you do it for the advancement of our great Hobby,but what the Hell...make a few bucks for your effort I hope this is food for thought. Anyway many Thanksfor the inspiration you give us all

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
You are most welcome to do whatever you need to share these buildings Jimmy. I am not looking for any copyrighting or going commercially. All I want is to know I have been of help to my model railroader friends.
I will get back to this building but have been busy entertaining my two grandaughters and of course their Mom and Dad who have spent the holidays here.