satpix4.jpg

satpix5.jpg

C

Catt

part2

my favorite pics:D

satpix6.jpg

satpix7.jpg

I wish I could take the credit for these two,but my friend Bill took all these pics.:D

roryglasgow

Catt!

Looks like you're making some exciting progress!

Is that the George Roberts Printing Company in the second and third photos? It looks like a different configuration from the Walther's photo. Is this building "reconfigurable?"

-Rory

C

Catt

Yeah,Rory the sides you can't see are plain old styrene sheet.The wall section with the two truck bays ia actually the back wall.

Drew1125

Great work, Catt! And nice pics!:cool:
I kitbash my structures the same way you do...since my layout can only be viewed from one side, there's no sense in modeling what can't be seen. You can get a lot of "mileage" out of a single kit that way too! Also, I have a tendency, as soon as I open a structure kit, to throw out the instructions, & just see what kind of "Frankenstein Monster" I can build out of the parts! :D
For my foundry complex, I used a Heljan newspaper building, with a scratchbuilt foundation, dock, & roof for the lower portion, & for the upper part, I used pieces of a Walther's roundhouse.

Attachments

• mvc-006f.jpg
    mvc-006f.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 105

Tyson Rayles

Well is in real life the truth might not be so hot, but from the viewable side it looks like the real McCoy to me! The oil tank is a nice feature also.:cool:

C

Catt

Charlie I will be cloning your overhead crane for steel unloading at the MAT truck factory. :D I think that will be purrfect for unloading steel coils for the fabrication plant.

By the way in keeping with my thoughts that a factory should be big enough te deserve rail service the fab building is going to be 10" wide x 20" long and 4 3/4 " tall.(it will help hide the mousehole :D )

I would post some construction pics but I'm building the core of the thing from black styrene.

Drew1125

Where do you get black styrene?
That would be most handy to have!
I use the white Evergreen stuff (where did they get that name anyway?) & have to paint it black.

C

Catt

Do you have a plastics supply house near you? Someplace like Cadillac Plastics? They should be able to get it for you.

You might check at local sign shops.The stuff I have was origonally cut to be used in a sign.