The good news is...

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
... that after round II, I'm out again, but feeling much better (if you don't count all the black and blue marks where they poked and probed). The best news is that I did not have a heart attack and that the diognosis is an irregular heartbeat. That and the one arterial blockage was it, and fortunately we got to the ER in time before they caused any damage. They think right now things should be under control with medication and diet.:thumb:

Thank you all for your concerns, your kind words and your prayers, they did more good than you will ever know, I mean that.:wave::wave:

My son is right, they held off my breakfast until about 11:00 this morning because of some tests and when it finally showed up it was a small box of corn flakes and a banana. Just as lunch came around they wisked me off for yet another test before I even could see what the sent me this time.:rolleyes:

I'll be back on here a bit more, but it might take a week or so before I'm up to full strenght. Besides, they told me to limit my activities for a while. That means that if I'm going to spend time on my layout, I'm going to have to give up taking out the garbage and no more cleaning up the garage.:D :D

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
ezdays said:
That means that if I'm going to spend time on my layout, I'm going to have to give up taking out the garbage and no more cleaning up the garage.:D :D

"But honey...Doctor's orders, you know...an' couldja make me a sandwich while yer at it?":thumb: :thumb: Good to hear you're doing OK.

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Great news Don!
by the way.....
they told me to limit my activities for a while. That means that if I'm going to spend time on my layout, I'm going to have to give up taking out the garbage and no more cleaning up the garage.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
what's the name of your doctor?....I need a similar prescription:thumb:

ejen34

Aug 6, 2006
Brewer, ME
EZ,
They do some marvelous work with the heart these days, I have had a total of 4 stents placed over the last 5 years after my heart attacks and I feel better than I have in many years. Lost some weight and excercising 5 times a week. Medications are wonderful!

Anyways good luck to you in the future! :thumb:

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Don: I am so glad that you are doing better.. We ( I ) will be having a ton more questions soon, and WE ( I'll) will need you in tip top condition... Get well soon my friend !!!! If you need anything at all, please dont hesitate to contact US (me )..

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks, Friday's episodes were big time stuff, I could have done some real damage had we waited. Monday, we went back in to the ER because I had no idea what was going on and they said to come back if I thought I needed to. The best news of all I guess is that we are now much better educated on what can happen and what we can do to prevent future epidsodes. We are extremely greatful for the care and attention that I received in the ER, ICU and cardiology dept. The only down side was that Monday night I spent almost six hours in the ER waiting for a bed to open up in cardiology. I don't know who they threw out, but their breakfast was welcome Tuesday morning.

Yeah, the medicines and tests they have now days is unbelieveable. And you know what, you hear about the high cost of medical care, well, whatever they charge, it's worth every penny. No complaints from here.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Welcome back EZ - good to hear things turned out well. But you do have to take it EZ for a while - more time for trains!!! Take care and be happy...!!!

Gus (LC&P).

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Hi Don. Get back on the mend.
My mother-in-law had an irregular heartbeat for years. In her later years she fell over a lot, and when they got her to the hospital they worried about it unless my wife was there to set them straight. (Never mind the heart, fix the broken hip!)

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Glad too hear that everything is okay, Don.:thumb: You shouldn't have been so concerned about missing the meals though; after all, it was hospital food. I would've been glad to e-mail you a sandwich;) .

Wayne

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Glad to hear that you are doing well. Your son did a great job of keeping us posted on your condition. By all means, keep your priorities straight. Lots of people can clean the garage and carry out garbage. It takes a special person to do model railroading.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
ezdays said:
... that after round II................
That means that if I'm going to spend time on my layout, I'm going to have to give up taking out the garbage and no more cleaning up the garage.:D :D

Somehow, I don't think that's the best way to create more free time :) But we're glad you made it through!!! Take care! :)