The Gauge where is it at ?

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I think we can all agree it is growing and evolving.:thumb:

I see more questions from those new to toy trains and some super advice in reply.

Membership is up.

However, we need to work on posting I feel.

Dont just be a lurker, paticipate, even if you dont spell or write well..it dosen't stop me, LOL sign1

Bring your pix and stories of your layouts.

Post stories about your favorite engine or action car and operating accessory also.

Dont let a question or comment languish a week or 10 days, jump in there and reply.

Do you share of the lifting here, post.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
Well, sonny, I'll tell you, it's like this. When you have never learned to type, and have to hunt every letter, it gets to be a pain in the nether regions of the lower back. Howsomever, on those rare ocassions when I can come up with something to say, I have to balance between if what I have to say is worth more than the trouble of getting around to saying it. What I really mean is.................................aah forget it. I type so slow that my train of thought jumps the track and then the engine quits.

That's a half hour out of my day. What is next?

Lynn:D :D :D :D :D

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I am bi polar dislexic I have ADD and I am a postal vet and just finished today 6 months of 3 days per week, 5 hours and day rehabilitaion therapy.

Sonny, ha ha I am a vietnam vet and trained on the M-1 Garand and you call me sonny, LOL

I cam niether spell nor type but I give itv a shot and when I learn how to get a picture here I will do that also.

Hooray for the Gauge.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
Sorry Sonny, I'm old enough to be your daddy. But I have to agree with you, too many lurkers, and I'm one of them. I wish I had 1/4 the knowledge of trains most have, but my knowledge only goes far enough to have helped a lot of kids get started in MRRing. I am so amazed at the modeling I see here that mostly I don't have words to express myself.

Hooray for the Gauge

Lynn:wave: :wave: :wave:

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Lynn you can do as well.

You certainly can model as well as you like, creat in minature what suits you, you are the boss.

You made a fine post.

Stay on track now old bud.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
thanks for those kind words... the Admins and Mods always keep an eye out for new posters (wether they can type or not) :D ... We truly appreciate all who post things, to make The Gauge a better place to visit - for long time members as well as newbies...

As far as knowing things (or not) no one can know everything, that's why, when you know an answer to a posted question, you are always welcome to post.

:) :) Thanks :) :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, it's hard not to jump on this bandwagon. Everyone here has something to bring to the table. Just getting started in MRR and don't think you have anything to offer? Well, everyone has something they can contribute. It could be an opportune question, someone could have a question in another field that you know about, like electronics or mechanics or even art that you could answer. Ya gotta get involved, that's what it's all about, that's what makes this fun, that's what makes it all worthwhile. :thumb: :thumb:

I don't know which is more satisfying, helping someone with an question you know something about, or getting an answer to a question that you need help with. :D :wave:

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Well, im brand new here and sadly all I have to contribute so far is questions, but I have learned SOOO much by talking with you folks that my dream of MRR is finally tangible. Thank you for being so welcoming to us newbies and answering our questions. Ill do my best to contribute more than just questions.....like this post.

TJ

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Questions are great! They get discussion going, and other people with the same question get answers too. Then , later, after you try out what you learned, you can post your results!
Ralph

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Sorry I don't post more but when I do, I want to make sure I don't wind up with the old "Foot in the mouth" disease.:eek:ops:
Doesn't happen as much when you open your mouth only to say what you know or to ask questions.:)

Otherwise, I enjoy participating and am thoroughly enjoying this site.:)

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
346%3C268%3B2%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3278%3E7%3A9%3E%3B%3C9%3EWSNRCG%3D32335%3A85448%3B8nu0mrj

Dont forget these gys, get them a name and get them posting too.

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Gil Finn said:
346%3C268%3B2%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3278%3E7%3A9%3E%3B%3C9%3EWSNRCG%3D32335%3A85448%3B8nu0mrj

Dont forget these gys, get them a name and get them posting too.

Hmm...dont have one of those yet. But I told my fiancee that the second that kid comes out he or she is getting an infant size engineer hat.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Ask all the questions you like. Someday, someone is going to ask "What colour were the bricks in the station at Messina?" and you'll be able to answer. We just had a fun thread (here? elsewhere?) trying to remember what the store names were in the 1970s in Ontario.

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Ok. Just so I'm not a laggard, I'll post this. I would caution, however, that if we get too many people posting, just for the sake of posting, we could end up with a lot of drivel. I've seen it happen on other fora, and I'd hate to see it happen here. This is a great place and I enjoy just reading the various comments. I agree, though, if you've got something to say, say it now, not three weeks from now.

jlg759

Jun 3, 2003
stateline pa
mywebpages.comcast.net
I must admit I don't always jump in on conversations however i will start a new thread and a progress report on my new layout once i get home from work. Guys & Gals lets all start replying and posting more. I hate to have a post and get no reply's

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Good for you.

Imagine a new guy write and maybe adds pics of a new engine or new tract he has laid and the only one who replies is a moderator.

Sad.

Let us incougage one an other here.

Let us inspire each other to go beyond our know capabilities. (heard that on TV):thumb: