The gauge railway PT 2!!!!

What camera's have you had or still have.

• Digital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 35mm

• 2-1/4 square format

• all of the above.

• No camera yet

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McFortner

On further though, perhaps several fonts are a good idea, with one for each general time period. Older fonts for the earlier years of railroads, and a more modern font for later periods....

Just my $0.02 worth (tax not included).

Michael

alkcnw

N-Gauger, Just my nickles worth, I think the cars should all be one color, no matter what it turns out to be, and the font and color of font should be left to the modeler just to show some creativity. For what my opinion is worth!!!!!!!!:eek:

I'm with Steve's notion of colours, (except I'm no good at weathering) ... :) ... Surely everyone has "Box Car Red?

Errol

Attachments

• pic00014c.jpg
    pic00014c.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 179

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Ok, Now that's some great rolling stock!! :)

Both are great!! -- Which raises the suggestion:

Can we paint one part of each Gauge Owned item Blue??

The polls are showing "Blue" & "different fonts and colors of fonts"

Ex.: roofs, cabs, window trim in caboose, rear or front of car??

Any other ideas???

~~ mikey

Sir_Prize

Blue's good. It goes with the Gauge's main colors. A difference in Fonts would allow individuals rail line time to be used; and their creativity. That's all I can think of. :rolleyes:

RI541

I'm gonna put in my two cents worth here. If I may.

Almost every rail road has changed their colors at least once. Every era seems to be differant, (except the UP ).

I like the Blue but it can't be light blue with white letters. NOPE can't be, That was Rock Islands last color scheme and we all know what happened there.

Dark blue would be all right for a modern era rail road but IMHO think it would look out of place on a wood sided box car. Even a bill board reefer might look odd.

I think we should all come up with what ever our own minds cook up then we can put them up for a poll. We got two great entries already and the "Bridges and Trestles" poll is going to end soon. And the winner gets a great big pat on the back.

OK this is more like a nickles worth sorry...........:) :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by RI541
I'm gonna put in my two cents worth here. If I may.

Almost every rail road has changed their colors at least once. Every era seems to be differant, (except the UP ).

I like the Blue but it can't be light blue with white letters. NOPE can't be, That was Rock Islands last color scheme and we all know what happened there.

Dark blue would be all right for a modern era rail road but IMHO think it would look out of place on a wood sided box car. Even a bill board reefer might look odd.

I think we should all come up with what ever our own minds cook up then we can put them up for a poll. We got two great entries already and the "Bridges and Trestles" poll is going to end soon. And the winner gets a great big pat on the back.

OK this is more like a nickles worth sorry...........:) :)

Ok, just to preserve what Little Sanity I have left.... :) :confused: :)

Are you saying, we should bash a car or engine to our suggestions. Then post pics here and then vote on which we think is best???

Or are asking me to start a NEW poll, with suggestions from everyone??? -- I can do that!! :) :) :)

~~ Mikey

jon-monon

Originally posted by N Gauger

Ok, just to preserve what Little Sanity I have left....

Don't worry about the sanity; it's not all it's cracked up to be... just makes ya worry about stuff ya can't fix anywho.

Yes, the chads, some of the chads didn't fall right! I think either people confused the bottom two to be one in the same (i.e. multi color meant pick your own) or Ross Parrot (the multi-color) split the vote and the bad guy (the blue) got in, when the majority wanted anything but slik-willy (the blue) but differed between Ross (the multi-color) and Pappa-Bush (choose your own color).

Oh, the calamity of it all! I can just see this blue tanker goin' round smokin' 'gars and jabbin' at all open hoppers and chubby little ore cars (no need to mention Monica's name here). Shame shame...

So it's either the butterfly ballots and chads got us or Ross Perrot Syndrome, and either way it's bad; the left wing elite "Blueys" gettin' their way! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tyson Rayles

The purpose of going with a color like blue is that there are not many blue cars out there (exception is the L&N dark blue, which is why it needs to be light/med. blue) so as soon as you saw the car, even from a distance you would know it was a Gauge car. BTW I like the Gauge Leasing idea. Now if you will excuse me I got to go find Monica so I can break in this here new cigar! :D

The L&N is only one example, point is most railroads that had blue rolling stock where for the most part dark blue, which is why I think the light blue would be the best choice, and IT HAS to be some shade of blue cause that's the Gauge's color! Or not. :rolleyes: :D

Drew1125

Ok,
Here's a thought...(or 2) :)
Tyson mentioned the L&N blue paint scheme...I believe that was introduced about 1964-5...?
Anyway, for at least 8 or 10 years after that, you could still see the old mineral red boxcars too...some with the original Roman font, & "Old Reliable" slogan, & some with the newer L&N lettering, & some with "The Dixie Line" slogan.
What I'm driving at here, is that when eras, & paint schemes change, it doesn't happen over night. It takes years, & it's not uncommon to see 2 or 3 paint & lettering schemes for one RR all in one train.
So for a group of modelers, modeling a wide range of eras, it would not only be easier, (& maybe more creative) to come up with different schemes, but in fact, more realistic.

(how in the %$#@ did Monica, & Perot make it into this thread?!) :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Thank you Charlie, but what you didn't know is ........
Gauge Leasing Co came into being in 1860 and as I got my hands on 500 gallons of boxcar tuscan paint (really really cheap) my freight cars are gonna be Tuscan ... :) :)

Now if someone was to offer me a medium blue paint (Cheap of course) I could get my maintenance crews to paint either the ends or the doors of the cars that noctious blue ..:) :) Shuddering at the thought of that RI colour !!!:D :D

Errol

Tyson Rayles

Well if you used black lettering (which should show up just as well) then it wouldn't look as RI. Not a big deal what anybody uses really as long as they have fun. Just thought a unifying color would be good. Course we could go with white cars with blue lettering, or not. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.