The Fish Revealed!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Fishcarver, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Hi All! Greetings from Winnipeg, Canada; in the Red River Valley, "Heart of the Continent".

It has suddenly occurred to me that I have been hanging around this forum for quite some time without properly introducing myself!

I am a 55-year old Claims Administrator and really am a "fishcarver": I am a semi-professional wildlife carver and instructor and operate "Namaycush Carvers" up here in Winterpeg. (

Finescale has always been my first love and this forum has not only allowed me to return to it, but has also got me into an entirely new form of model building! It is great to be here.

One of my professional responsibilities is technical writing and I'd be more than happy to help any of you wishing to do translations of instructions or tutorials to polish them up in English.

Regards from The Tractor Plant!
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Alright Jim.........

'Dweller in the Deep'

Is that a Bigfoot (Sasquatch) in your avatar?

3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Them's some purdy carvin's.:yep:
  4. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Beautiful work! I recently bought some basic carving books, but was lloking to get kickstarted by taking a class. Too bad you're not located in the tri-state area.
  5. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

I want to believe.....

Yes, John, that is indeed a Bigfoot, er, Sasquatch, er "Gigantopithecus blackii columbiensis (Bindernagel) "

6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Now that I've had time to check your work out, IF I'd looked first I would have known for sure!

Nice job, on EVERYTHING! Maybe I'll start saving up for when I catch another trophy Rainbow! I've lost the will to kill, as I release 99% of what I catch now. Except for catfish and crappie! Man's gotta eat!

Although come to think about it........... a nice BIG crappie mount would look nice.......... hmmmmmmmmmm. Let me see what the piggy bank holds.

7. possm_23

possm_23 Member

I tried carvin once.....all i got was a bunch of have it some dont...i am one of the donts....nice work fishcarver...:grin:
  8. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Yes indeed purty carvings!
    I have a great respect for someone who can carve in 3D. Your work is Top Shelf !
    Even though 'ya been here awhile...Welcome!!!
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome to the forum Jim!

Better late than never, right!:grin:

Love them carvings!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.