The First Annual Gauge Kitbash Challenge!!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
The first challenge will be based on the Atlas Signal Tower Kit, Available in N, HO & O.

1- Contest will run till 1-1-06

2- Popular vote decides winners- voting is from 1-1-06 to 2-1-06

3- If your a Gauge member, you can enter! -- this means everybody!!

4- The most important part:
You must base your kitbash on the ATLAS tower (it comes in the 3 different scales as noted above) You DO NOT have to use it for a tower,but you must use most of if not all of the kit in your bash. By the way, you can build it stock and just super detail if you wish.

5- There will be a specially done Cyber Certificate awarded to all winners.

6- Participants can apply any level of modelling skill to the kit -- from basic construction and landscaping up to and including extensive bashing and scratching until the kit is no longer recognizable. Major structural changes, the use of commercial or homemade augmentables, lpb, vehilce, detail parts and landscaping are all permitted but not required. The only restriction is that the majority of the original Atlas kit must be incorporated into the final model.

7- Participants should post regular updates - about 1 a month or more :) (hopefully with pictures) and descriptions of their progress. We will start a separate thread for the challenge.

8- All entrants MUST have their completed models and or kitbashes finished and submitted by Midnight, GMT on January 1, 2006.. "Hangover" will not be accepted as a "Late Excuse" :D :D :D

9- We ask each participant to start a new thread in Scratchin n Bashin' when they first post a picture of their model, and post all subsequent pictures in that SAME thread? This will give everyone an easy opportunity to see the progress of each person rather than sifting through one thread for everybody.

10- Please label your thread, "[Your Gauge Name] - 2005 Challenge" Obviously, if you do a search for "2005 Challenge" all the threads will be listed :) Makes it easier on the judges too!!!! :)

~~~~~ Anyone wishing to participate, please reply below!!! ~~~~~​

~~ Thanks!!!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
START BUILDING & DESIGNING NOW!!!!!

......... And since I just edited the rules - GO BACK & READ 8 and below!! :) :)

And I'm IN the contest!!!!!!

N

nachoman

i need to check my LHS to see if they have this kit. If they do, count me in.

kevin

ezdays

Out AZ way
I have a kit already built, I can see where some disassembly will be required....count me in.

It's kinda dark down here though.:sleeping: Oh, someone's got the lights. I can see, hey, is that you over there Pete?:D

Zman

Hmmm. I'm thinking about it. There ain't much to that kit. Maybe if I combined three or four of them...