The FINAL Word on Copyright

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Peter T Davis, May 24, 2007.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

There's been a lot of 'discussion' (I'll word it kindly) here about copyright over the past weeks. I wanted to take a moment to explain to you my opinion and official policy at this website on the topic.

Copyright must be respected at all times. As long as I've had a say in policy here, there has been a zero tolerance policy on piracy. If someone is distributing a pirate model, and myself, Rick, or one of the moderators finds out about it, we will take action against it.

If your intention is to distribute pirated models, please do it elsewhere.

Opinions are respected. If your opinion is that piracy is ok, then that's fine. Don't expect me to enjoy having you as a member, though, if you want to voice that opinion here. I do draw a line between having that opinion, and acting on it though.

And, I will be blunt. If you are distributing pirated models on this website, and the copyright holder wishes to take legal action against you, I will do my best to fully cooperate with the copyright holder to see justice brought against you.

Piracy is theft. It is wrong. I don't like piracy, it is criminal and I do not like criminals. Criminals are not welcome on this community. Period.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

And that my friends IS the bottom line....................

Thanks Peter!

3. kronos

kronos Member

That is one of the things I love about this site! It is a breath of fresh air any one distributing or knowingly accepting pirated models is a thief and has no respect for our hobby or there fellow modelers!! Ok im going to get down off my soap box now:grin:
  4. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

5. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Your Wish Is My Command...

6. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Great policy. Differing opinions respected, but the law has the final word - that's sensible and fair.

I'm happy to see the primary English-language card modeling resource take an approach supportive of both desingers and builders. :)
  7. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Peter, I'll I can say is thank you. Sometimes, it just has to be said, load and clear. My best to you.
  8. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Cardmodels does have a honest clear policy on product theft. Perhaps eBay should take note ?
  9. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Well stated, well said, fully supported.

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Darn toot'n! I will second that!

I've mentioned the same policy many times here, but never so eloquently!8)

*more applause*

11. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

My command is your wish:). No more on copyright from me though...

12. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Fair enuff !!

If you want to post a model or and internet find !! And if your not sure of it or you see a password on the site ,, Take the time to pm any of the "mod" before you post it .. And they well clear it for posting... There no sence in fighting and loseing member's over something the take no time to do

Papermodeling is a fun hobby for all let's keep that way !!