The Event Horizon

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gearz, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Gearz

Gearz Member

Guess everyone knows what its like trying to research a 'less than popular' subject. I've stumbled across a reference to a publication "CINEFEX' ?? Certainly looks promising considering there's articles on two subjects I'm interested in, in the one issue!! ~ # 73

*Event Horizon ~ article 'Starship Hades' + *Starship Troopers ~ article 'Bug Bytes'

I'm not asking for copyright materials ( The issue is still available through their site) If anyone has that issue, what I would really like is a general overview / scope of the content, ~ before I buy sight unseen. Is there much info on the ships ? diagrams? colour pix? etc etc

mmm.. I guess I'd better add to this request, If anyone knows of any other reference material for the spaceship 'The Event Horizon', from the movie of the same name, Please let me know.

Thanks for any info
  2. s33k3r

s33k3r Member

3. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thanks s33k3r, yep that's the mesh I'm working with (spectacular) unfortunately the textures let it down some what, so any production pics of the model would be gold ~ don't like my chances by the looks of it.

:-D :-D
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

along similar lines and please excuse my subject change...

Wouldnt a good quality Discovery and Leonov model in scale with each other.

The Event Horizon reminds me of them.
  5. Gearz

Gearz Member

No need for pardons, that's a pretty good idea StevO! The Event Horizon is just a long term pet.

Not to pre-empt any announcements, but I think one of our members is contemplating developing the Leonov, perhaps your suggestion will be food for thought. ~Its got my vote.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I did a search and I am amazed I could not find any references... maybe I am losing my touch.
  7. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Here's a two-view with scale reference, the EH is rather large, don't you think?

Scott K.

Attached Files:

8. nikischutt

nikischutt New Member

Where do you get scale diagrams like that? Can I have the site please?

9. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

This one was scanned from an old Sci-Fi Modeler magazine. Starship Dimensions, here; may be what you're looking for. The EH (and Rodger Young) is on the 10 meter/pixel page.

Scott K.
  10. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Now I'm done for!

How many projects do you have on the go now Gearz? I'm pretty much hooked on the Valley Forge now, and I was watching some episodes of Andromeda the other day. That sure is a nice ship. And it didn't take much searching to find a mesh of it that converted right over to Meta. Need to work on the texture files but....

Thank goodness you're already doing the Event Horizon. I had downloaded and converted that mesh too, but now that I know you're on it I just deleted the files from my hard drive to remove the tempation. Better move over and make room in that corner for another babbling project junkie :roll:

Need.....more.....time, whimper, whimper :(
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'd like to help but I am knee deep in projects both on computer and in my driveway.
  12. Gearz

Gearz Member

Scott K.~ Arrrrrrggghh... you've come through again ~ Most excellent! The mesh I've got looks good, but from that schematic (gold), its going to need a plenty of hammering.

btb.. that scale site is brilliant, is that guy good or what!!. ~ the only problem ~ every time I visit I come away with a longer list of 'woow.... must build that' s

Steve ~ lol.. yep bet there's plenty of us that need 'project rehab' How many projects? = TO many !
  13. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

The last decent images I found online. Glad you like the previous one, Gearz.

Scott K.

Attached Files:

14. the_flying_dragon

the_flying_dragon New Member

Ambitious...very the ship and love your work!