The Edmund Fitzgerald

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
One of the models I've always wanted to do has been the Mighty Fitz (okay, technically I've always wanted to design a model of the titanic, but honestly, who could beat Mr. Currel's work?). I think my skills are currently "good" enough where I can make a mediocre pass at the vessel. So, here goes.

Currently drawn up the hull; not much else as of right now. Might include a base/stand seeing as that's becoming the norm for me.

5vRYSlh.png

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I think this will be a very popular model, especially if you embed Edmund Fitzgerald's song "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", in this thread, with the "Three Witches of November" like this:

The "Three witches of November":

3-witches-500x386.jpg

[YOUTUBE]9vST6hVRj2A[/YOUTUBE]

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
It looks fantastic, though I would paint the base the ship sits on blue (to simulate water). It's quite amazing that you build the dock too, That looks great and could serve many a ship model. The Hull looks great, that many formers is scary! This will be a very popular model. :)

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
It looks fantastic, though I would paint the base the ship sits on blue (to simulate water). It's quite amazing that you build the dock too, That looks great and could serve many a ship model. The Hull looks great, that many formers is scary! This will be a very popular model. :)
I was thinking of doing blue, but I felt that it clashed with the rest of the colors, and a muddy brown sort of lended an industrial feel to the whole setup.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
A textured muddy brown would add to the reality of many of these harbors! It's a beauty, and a nice package. :)