The Destroyer Beholds...

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
No, sorry this isn't a post about a Star Destroyer :(

Sadly, we had renovators in the house, and in the process they moved (read destroyed) most of my model collection.

So, paper to paper, glue to glue. We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of;

Incom T-65 X-Wing
Babylon 5
Thunderbird 1
Thunderbird 3
Thunderbird 5
USS Voyager
USS Equinox
Koensayr Y-Wing
USS Defiant
Milenium Falcon
Slayn & Korpil B-Wing
Imperial Star Destroyer (plastic)

Striker Eureka is in ICU (both legs off, but might be repairable)

C3-PO, R2 & the A-Wing survived!

I'm now so de-motivated I'm not sure when I'll pick up my craft knife again... :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am sorry for your loss. I too have lost models to unfortunate demises. So I know how you feel.
You can rebuild them. Not only can you rebuild them, but you can make them better than before!
I have faith in you and I know that you can do it!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OMG! My deepest sympathies, CG... Thank Goodness you have featured them in the forum. So they will always be remembered.

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
That sucks, man. People have less and less respect for others and their property every day. You'll pick up that knife again when motivation comes a-callin'. ;)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Find out where they park their trucks and slash their tires. Figuratively speaking, of course, no with a sharp kitchen blade, on the side wall, where it cannot be fixed. :mad:

Marman

I am at a loss for words. I'm so sorry for your loss. I cant imagine the devastation you are feeling. Don't let this discourage you from continuing with your hobby. And just like Rhaven Black said "you can rebuild them" probably better than the original ones.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
If the renovators are still there, it's time to compensate, like grabbing a "Sawz-all", some drills, and an other tools you can use, to balance things out. I'm not saying you should steal them (Yes I am) but fair compensation is called for, just don't get caught. ****

*****The above statement is meant as satire, or what I would do. You probably shouldn't do it (Yes you should), you could get caught and get in trouble.

*****The above statement was meant as satire/get even humor, stealing is bad and doing it is (to be fairly compensated is O.K.) wrong.

****The preceding statement is an expression of my anger that your hard work would be taken so lightly, that I suggested ideas which weren't proper (Yes they were).

****Really, suffering one model loss is devastating, that many, unbearable "Endeavor too persevere", got that from "The Outlaw Josey Wales". (Get even)

*****I'm stuck in a Moebius loop. Disregard everything I say (No, listen), I must sign out for repairs. This saddens me, but don''t stop!!(Grab their expensive stuff!)

*****I have lost it. I need Doctor Memory.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
you can do it over! its a lesson not to be stagnant!! don't ruin your karma,... pray for them that they turn into better people, the world needs better people. this is an opportunity and a challenge. now you have room for something else.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Thanks for all the support guys, (Zathros, I know some good therapists.... ;)) ( I married one :)) (And yes, I never win an argument...)

Now I don't have the space, my in-laws moved into the study, and as they are helping my wife & I out of a pickle (kid's nanny resigned, 24 hours notice, long story....) All my display and work space has been taken over.

(That said, the metal earth stuff is cool, and doesn't need much space!)

I'll have to see how we go from there.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Tough, when you have to have you "In Laws" so close to your "Pickle", funny, I'm in the same boat, but they haven't moved in. There is a God! (I already knew that) :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Update: I found TB3, the Falcon, Voyager & the Equinox!! Minimal damage to TB3 (one of the rocket supports fell out, but that's it!) Falcon, Voyager & Equinox might be repairable. Turns out I was told that they were thrown out, but actually stuffed in a box that I only found yesterday...

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Truly a "day of days, Lord Vago!!" ..........................................."One of the Riddick movies"

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe this helps...

vaude-kids-first-aid-erste-hilfe-set-red-30244.2110.jpg

source: https://www.outdoortrends.de/out/pi...-first-aid-erste-hilfe-set-red-30244.2110.jpg

;)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
I think it will RF, what's in it? (Tweezers, glue, spare blades?) :)

Sorry, Zathros, I've never watched the Riddick movies so the reference is lost! :banghead:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Not much into Vin Diesel movies, but "The Chronicles of Riddick" was really a good movie to watch. Good Sci-Fi/Fantasy. A half "Holy Undead" :)

1829622-lord_marshall.jpg