The Crate/Box

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Bob Collins, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Does anyone know where the thread is that we had going for months and months about "The Box"? :(
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

3. Bob Collins

Thanks very much. That's the one I was looking for!

Bob :) :) :)
  4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member! :eek: :D :thumb:
  5. Bob Collins

What got me to thinking about "The Box" was I ran across an article in an old MRR about the deal where folks put a polar bear cafe somewhere on their layouts. I posted something about it then and after we decided that was too much of a hassle we decided on the crate/box. kettlestack was the first one to post a picture of his "box" Man, that goes back almost to my start on The Gauge in 2001.
  6. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I often wonder what happened to the Boxcar. Being new to The Gauge back then I wasn't in on it. Been wanting to put together a Gauge boxcar for my own fleet, just been too lazy to put the decals together on my publisher.
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Remember there is a "Gauge Railway" that you can build a car to add to the rest of ours :)
  8. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Months, hell, Bob, that was years...
  9. Bob Collins

Jon, you are probably right, it did go on for a very long time, but it was great fun to see who jumped into the act. I thought it was interesting how folks would seem to run out of things to say about the BOX, so would begin to change the subject slightly. As I recall the whole thing actually started with an article in the MRR about Polar Bear Cafes and from there migrated to the BOX and then...............................

Anyway, it was fun and I imagine it might even have been the longest thread on The Gauge for a spell?