The Cattle Pen

roryglasgow

Let's use up some of that new space that Dave made available! :)

The R&K now has a cattle pen on one of the spurs. It's scratchbuilt out of scale lumber. I copied the design from a loading pen I found on the Walther's site. That's a little shack there in the back. It's a paper model. Next to it is the dead tree with the vine I mentioned in another post.

Attachments

• cattle1.jpg
    cattle1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 142

roryglasgow

The station is that free paper model kit that you can download from EZ Structures. (The one I downloaded was the black and white version. They've taken that one off and put a color version in its place.)

Attachments

• cattle2.jpg
    cattle2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 137

roryglasgow

And a beautiful plaid sky in the background...

All I need now is some cows...

-Rory

Attachments

• cattle4.jpg
    cattle4.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 127
(Chuckling here), It must be a good 15 yrs since the cry of the day was "WHERE'S THE BEEF" ! :D :D What era did you say you were modelling?:)

Errol

roryglasgow

Well, I was modelling the transition era until my wonderful wife surprised me with an undecorated SD80MAC! :) So, I'm kinda floating in limbo on that one... But most of my stuff is from the 50s and 60s.

-Rory

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Rory,
Gawd a'mighty!, I can't believe a texan that doesn't have any cows! and all that free feed with "Ralston Purina" right next door(That IS "checkerboard square" isn't it?

Kidding aside, looks good!, and a right proper use of the extra space.
Pete

Tyson Rayles

Looking good Rory,for a paper structure that station is perty neat.:cool:From the looks of that sky I would say a tornado is on the way but I don't see any mobile homes so maybe not. :p

roryglasgow

Yeah, that kit was pretty simple, but it turned out looking very nice. I used colored pencils to color it. I'm tempted to buy their CD because I like paper models, but I don't have a need for any more structures.

I downloaded the Z-scale version of the station last night. I thought I'd try that one for laughs! :)

I think that the cattle pen needs a little more india ink/alcohol. I was looking at the pictures just now and decided that the wood wasn't as gray as I wanted...

-Rory

Tyson Rayles

The pen looks very nice, but it does look like it was built yesterday. I would suggest spraying it with gray primer, then a light wash of the india ink for the aged look.:)

Drew1125

Looks great, Rory!:cool:
And hey, if you want to pull a string of stock cars with an SD80MAC...it's YOUR RR!! ;)
Maybe some of that Texas beef will work its way up to my new food proccessing plant on the K&I?

roryglasgow

Thanks for the advice, Tyson. I'll probably do that this evening.

Charlie, I'm sure that some of the stock cars might find themselves over your way. Also, I hope to be opening up business at the meat packing plant soon. Maybe I could send a reefer full of good ol' Texas beef your way!

-Rory