The Cattle Pen

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by roryglasgow, Mar 2, 2002.

1. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Let's use up some of that new space that Dave made available! :)

The R&K now has a cattle pen on one of the spurs. It's scratchbuilt out of scale lumber. I copied the design from a loading pen I found on the Walther's site. That's a little shack there in the back. It's a paper model. Next to it is the dead tree with the vine I mentioned in another post.

Attached Files:

2. roryglasgow

The station is that free paper model kit that you can download from EZ Structures. (The one I downloaded was the black and white version. They've taken that one off and put a color version in its place.)

Attached Files:

3. roryglasgow

One gate open...ready to lead some cattle up the ramp...

Attached Files:

4. roryglasgow

And a beautiful plaid sky in the background...

All I need now is some cows...

-Rory

Attached Files:

5. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

(Chuckling here), It must be a good 15 yrs since the cry of the day was "WHERE'S THE BEEF" ! :D :D What era did you say you were modelling?:)

Errol
  6. roryglasgow

Well, I was modelling the transition era until my wonderful wife surprised me with an undecorated SD80MAC! :) So, I'm kinda floating in limbo on that one... But most of my stuff is from the 50s and 60s.

-Rory
  7. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Damn that's a good looking sky. LOL.
  8. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Rory,
    Gawd a'mighty!, I can't believe a texan that doesn't have any cows! and all that free feed with "Ralston Purina" right next door(That IS "checkerboard square" isn't it?

Kidding aside, looks good!, and a right proper use of the extra space.
    Pete
  9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Looking good Rory,for a paper structure that station is perty neat.:cool:From the looks of that sky I would say a tornado is on the way but I don't see any mobile homes so maybe not. :p
  10. roryglasgow

Yeah, that kit was pretty simple, but it turned out looking very nice. I used colored pencils to color it. I'm tempted to buy their CD because I like paper models, but I don't have a need for any more structures.

I downloaded the Z-scale version of the station last night. I thought I'd try that one for laughs! :)

I think that the cattle pen needs a little more india ink/alcohol. I was looking at the pictures just now and decided that the wood wasn't as gray as I wanted...

-Rory
  11. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

The pen looks very nice, but it does look like it was built yesterday. I would suggest spraying it with gray primer, then a light wash of the india ink for the aged look.:)
  12. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Looks great, Rory!:cool:
    And hey, if you want to pull a string of stock cars with an SD80MAC...it's YOUR RR!! ;)
    Maybe some of that Texas beef will work its way up to my new food proccessing plant on the K&I?
  13. roryglasgow

Thanks for the advice, Tyson. I'll probably do that this evening.

Charlie, I'm sure that some of the stock cars might find themselves over your way. Also, I hope to be opening up business at the meat packing plant soon. Maybe I could send a reefer full of good ol' Texas beef your way!

-Rory
  14. billk

billk Active Member

Speaking of "Where's the beef?" -- Where's the cattle ?
  15. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

MOO....... MOOOO....... MOOO......... MOOOOO.........

Just adding the sound effects!!:D :D