The Case of the Missing GP18s

IMRL393

"Hurry, Watson! The games a'loco!"

"Isn't that 'The games a'foot, Holmes?"

"Not unless you want to walk, Watson. An entire shipment of P2K GP 18 locos is missing! And that's loco!"

"That's impossible, Holmes! Why, a GP18 is 56 ft in length ..."

"No, Watson - this is an HO scale model - divide by 87. The manufacturer, in this case LifeLike, claimed that the shipment would be out to stores in August..."

"But it's still August, Holmes!"

"Yes, Watson, but consider this: LL has removed the loco from their "To be produced" webpage ..."

"Their WHAT?"

"A section of memory in their Babbage machine - don't interupt! They have taken it off their "To be produced list" and put it on their "Produced in 2002 list". But NO ONE has seen nor heard anything of these model locomotives! Even the dealers! Not even Walthers!"

"Curiouser and curiouser, Holmes!"

"Right, Alice ...er...Watson! This could be part of a vast conspiricy to undermine the mental state of certain elite members of United States society, all of whom just happen to model the Rock Island Lines ..."

"A mighty fine line, Holmes!"

"Right you are, Watson! And a RI GP18 in red and yellow was the 'Crown Jewel' of the P2K shipment! We must put forth all our efforts! Now, where is my tobacco .... this is at least a three pipe problem!"

(Cough, Cough) "Er ... meanwhile, I'll just step down to the local loco dealer, Holmes, and see if any have shown up....."

SOLUTION TO THIS MYSTERY, ANYONE ????

- George

Tyson Rayles

Sounds like business as usual to me! :( Phamtom products are nothing new :mad: BTW I don't think it takes much to mess up the "mental state" of RI fans does it? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

rockislandmike

LOL

Sounds like we're outta luck, gentlemen. Most unfortunate; that GP18 looked downright snazzy. Guess I'll just have to make do with my Athearn SD40-2 whenever it arrives..............

Vic

George has discovered what was in The Box that now seems to be missing:eek:

The questions that now arise are; Who has The Box and where are its contents???

HEHEHE!!!...THE SHADOW KNOWS...CRIME DOES NOT PAY...HEHE!

IMRL393

I still have hope that, with Holmes and Watson on the case, that the P2K GP18 shipment will surface - or at least the RI locos!

Unless they WERE in that box...!

Waiting is.

- George

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
-Hey Rocky, they don't mean "THAT" box, do they?

- I don't know bullwinkle, maybe we should ask "the Lone Ranger" about this!

rockislandmike

I'm wondering if maybe they aren't shipped already ??? Walthers still shows them as "sold out", and the LifeLike website, while not located in the "upcoming", still has them in the P2K release section. God I hope so - course, the odds of finding such a beastie are slim to none.

Vic

Yep Pete, The orginal and one and only THE BOX that was supposed to be restored by Eroll:eek: :D :D