The Building of the Galactic Fleet

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
I just open them in paint and resize to 10% instead of 100% .then they load a lot faster.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Chad,

You're doing great! I like the Star Destroyer. The Galactica you've got hanging on the ceiling is the Gearz version. I've got mine assembled in the library.

Sky Seeker

Chadepotts1273

Chad,

You're doing great! I like the Star Destroyer. The Galactica you've got hanging on the ceiling is the Gearz version. I've got mine assembled in the library.

Sky Seeker
Thanks Skyseeker, I had a lot of mistakes I made on the Gearz Galactica, so I've been reluctant to post any close up pics of her. :(

Chadepotts1273

To all who read my posts, I started this thread primarily to post pics of my Galactica builds. But, I do get busy with other models from Sailing ships, Civil War Ironclads, real space , airplanes, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5 & several other categories. I have anywhere from 10 to 20 models always in progress. Some I'll be working on for a few years (like the Monster Enterprise) . Anyway, my pics & posts so far have been pretty random, with some models having nothing to do with The Galactica fleet. From here on, I am endeavoring to focus more on the Galactica ships in this particular thread , with more focus on build/progress pics ( especially if I can get my camera issues sorted out ). That's not to say I won't post a pic here & there of a Trek ship, or Star Wars, or B5 . But, as I progress on builds on other genres, I will most likely start another thread or 2. I really appreciate other members build threads, especially for difficult & highly detailed models with little or no instructions ( still, Thank you to the designers, for your works!)I realized I hadn't really posted any detailed build pics. So, I am really working on that, just wanted everyone to know. :)

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
It takes too long too load? "What you be talking about Willis?" You can set the resolution in the camera down to teeny tiny pics. Sometimes, it's worth reading the manuals (I rarely do, they all seem to say the same thing). Besides, we give you the option of loading a thumbnail that can be clicked to the full size and that happens pretty quick once the post has loaded. If it still takes too long too load, you need to see a urologist......HaHaHA........Just joking.:pompus:

Chadepotts1273

It takes too long too load? "What you be talking about Willis?" You can set the resolution in the camera down to teeny tiny pics. Sometimes, it's worth reading the manuals (I rarely do, they all seem to say the same thing). Besides, we give you the option of loading a thumbnail that can be clicked to the full size and that happens pretty quick once the post has loaded. If it still takes too long too load, you need to see a urologist......HaHaHA........Just joking.:pompus:
Thanks, that brought a good laugh to my morning! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I was hoping I didn't go to far. Remember, if you have a very big pic, the computer program takes out information to make the picture smaller, detail is lost, we are dealing with a finite amount of pixels. That is why it is best to set your camera to a smaller size. Honestly, on this forum, 1024 x 768 is a great size. It loads quickly, unless you have dial up. Then it could take 6 months to load. That happened to me one. I had to cut a bra in to carry those parts, half till it passed. I was trying to be a good boy. My mom straightened me out. She said it's your thing and it's nobody's business how fast you wash it! My Mom is really cool. :)

Chadepotts1273

I was hoping I didn't go to far. Remember, if you have a very big pic, the computer program takes out information to make the picture smaller, detail is lost, we are dealing with a finite amount of pixels. That is why it is best to set your camera to a smaller size. Honestly, on this forum, 1024 x 768 is a great size. It loads quickly, unless you have dial up. Then it could take 6 months to load. That happened to me one. I had to cut a bra in to carry those parts, half till it passed. I was trying to be a good boy. My mom straightened me out. She said it's your thing and it's nobody's business how fast you wash it! My Mom is really cool. :)
Really!!? What cup size? A whole 6 months?? Lol! Glad you had an understanding Mom! :) .......Anyhooooo, I don't see that resolution setting on this particular camera, but now that I'm aware of it, I'll figure something out. Still planning on getting a newer model camera soon. But I may have to make do with what I have for a few months, got a major house remodel going on right now. :(

DanBKing

Dan the Man
@Chadepotts1273 When I worked for IBM years ago, a bit like the military, EVERYTHING had an acronym........:)
A lot of the time, if you asked someone how to do something, it was more likely than not that the person will say: "RTFM!!"

Read
The
F***ing
Manual!!

:D

What is the make and model of your camera? I'll find the steps you need to take for you.

Chadepotts1273

@Chadepotts1273 When I worked for IBM years ago, a bit like the military, EVERYTHING had an acronym........:)
A lot of the time, if you asked someone how to do something, it was more likely than not that the person will say: "RTFM!!"

Read
The
F***ing
Manual!!

:D

What is the make and model of your camera? I'll find the steps you need to take for you.
It's a Nikon Coolpix L26. The manual that came with it is has apparently gone missing. I downloaded a PDF of the manual from the Nikon website this morning, & reading has commenced. :) this is a pic of the page for the image settings. Is the 640x480 a good setting, or is that too low?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 4

DanBKing

Dan the Man
I like to post build pictures in lower resolution......

Once a piece or an assembly is complete, I post it at a higher resolution, for the 'beauty shots' :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Use PhotoFiltre. It is small, free and has a very comfortable and reliable batch processing mode which enables you to make the pics of an entire folder smaller with just a few clicks. My standard values are "picture width 800 pix" / "picture heigth 600 pix" and check "Keep image resolution". You may get it here:

http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm

The settings can be saved. It is advisable to choose a different folder for saving unless you want the original files being overwritten (don't worry, the program tells you if the same folder was chosen). There is even a portable version available. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That's too low, go to 1024 x 768. You want it big enough so it can be seen! It's a perfect size!! So say we all !!!AdamaIcon.jpg

Chadepotts1273

Use PhotoFiltre. It is small, free and has a very comfortable and reliable batch processing mode which enables you to make the pics of an entire folder smaller with just a few clicks. My standard values are "picture width 800 pix" / "picture heigth 600 pix" and check "Keep image resolution". You may get it here:

http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm

The settings can be saved. It is advisable to choose a different folder for saving unless you want the original files being overwritten (don't worry, the program tells you if the same folder was chosen). There is even a portable version available. :)
I'll definitely check it out! Thanks! :)