Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by peter taft, Jan 20, 2010.

1. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Hi guys. Here's my build of the FG model Boeing B-52 Stratofortress. I downscaled her some what as you can see - she is my all time favourite Aircraft. Hope you like the model.

Attached Files:

2. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

The BUFF continued :

Attached Files:

3. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

and the last few pictures of the BUFF.

Attached Files:

4. bulldogowner

bulldogowner Destroyer of Spam Moderator

Very neat build!
  5. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thanks for your comment, much appreciated :mrgreen:
  6. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Great looking build Peter! Love the camouflage scheme. By how much did you reduce the print?
  7. Regie

Regie Member

Nice build! I built the NASA version of the FG BUFF a couple of years ago, and it doesn't look anything like as neat as yours. Great job mate!
  8. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Nicely done! You just take the wonders of re-scaling these models as needed for granted after a while. The magic of computer graphics and the skill of the builder - again, well done!

9. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thank you, glad you like her :mrgreen: Can't remember exactly the reduction ratio, but the output was 40% of the original if that helps.

I love the version you mention :thumb: Glad that you like the results of mine - but at a guess, yours probably was good too ! we never really think of our own builds as great builds. I see where you are from, and may i say this to you... Thank God for YORKSHIRE TEA :thumb:

Many many thanks Yogi - You are a consummate performer in all your fields, and your words mean a great deal to me as a friend and a fellow modeller, thank you sir :mrgreen:
  10. gregh

gregh Member

Now that is a very nice BUFF....
  11. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thank you, that means a lot. She is a BEAUTIFUL aircraft and no way UGLY as her term of endearment implies - a truly GORGEOUS plane :thumb:
  12. Regie

Regie Member

You're welcome! They actually blend that just down the road from me - glad to know that exports have reached you! :mrgreen:
  13. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

LOL :mrgreen: Well when i get spare time i come up your beautiful part of the country... i have made several visits to the REAL EMMERDALE, Upper Esholt. I love everything to do with Yorkshire, and especially the down to earth people who live there. :thumb:
  14. yankeekilo

yankeekilo New Member

beautifully built
  15. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Thanks friend means a lot:mrgreen: :thumb:
  16. barry

barry Active Member

Great build
  17. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Coming from a MASTER builder / Designer, that is a real compliment Barry - Thank you :thumb:
  18. Harris

Harris New Member

cool stuff here! looks like it took lots of patience to build those EIGHT engines and wheels.
  19. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

Hi. They were a tad fiddly at the reduced scale, but i am about to GO LARGE on this beautiful aircraft.. but she will have a full set of formers i am designing, so if that all works out i will up-load them for anyone who wants to build her big scale. Thanks for your interest friend :thumb:
  20. mldixon

mldixon Member

Hi Peter
    This looks good , I worked on these beasts when I was on the flightline. They are big.
    I have this model and have refrained from building her because of the size, and as you know I am not afraid of big models.
    Again good job.