The Box

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
<starts picking them up....>

" Annett, Debbie, Joanne, Terry..."

"Tommy, Darlene, Bobby, Karen, Cubby, et al". Ah, what a group. Sounds like us.

Back to the problem at hand. We need to find their mode of transport. I don't have an interchange track yet. How did that pregnant thing get to Virginia? ---unless there really is a Santa Claus --- or UFO's or maybe that Starship just "teleports" it all over the place.

"Too much time on our hands?" ----Naah, we are solving the mystery of the millenium. :)

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Statistics

Look at the following this has generated. 2100+ views in the 7+ days it has been going. There are going to be boxes all over the world. We might get that "Grade B movie" yet!!! :)
My side hurts. got to find that ?embalming fliud" again.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
a couple?

I've been trying to figure out how and why all those little boxes turned up on my "railroad-to-be" so I looked back a few pages.
On page 4 Errol posted a picture that shows 2!!! crates- one on end and the other being pushed off the truck. You don't suppose we have a male and female crate here and they are beginning to reproduce like rabbits???:eek: :eek: :eek:

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
How did this get started in the first place? And how do you determine the sex of a "Box"? The "Cr(e)ator" must have had something in mind when he put these things on earth.:D How did they survive the Ark? Maybe they were part of the ark. Who knows? Embalming fluid time:)

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I certainly would want to quash it, but this thread has about run its course I think, unless we can smoke out Errol who is hiding out in his local distillery deep in the hills of northern Scotland. We weren't able to bring Shamus into it either, even though his fish house has come under suspicion.

I for one have gotten some pretty good laughs out of all this. I also think it tend to build some real friendships along the way. I'm here as long as it lasts, even if we are now down to pro(cra)ting. Groan again and again......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bob

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Originally posted by davidstrains
BTW - where is/are the little critter/s now? Maybe the embalming fluid will help them come back.:) :rolleyes:
They're on a va-crate-ion, claimed they need a little rest and re-crate-ion.

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Smashed crate!!! You mean it had been into those wee drams of Errol's embalming fluid too:confused: :confused:

No wonder the crates fell down and broke their crowns, they were drunk:eek: :eek:

I was seriously thinking about buying some model crates and decals and trying my hand at that part of the hobby. At some point I think I'm going to want to take the current decal off of a Consolidation I have stashed away and re-letter it with whatever I decide on for the name of my branch line. I really wish I could make up my weak mind (no comments please!!). I can't decide between "Boneyard Valley Western: and "Thistle Ridge and Western." Will have to make up my mind one of these days, but hate to rush into things. I've only been thinking about it for a year now:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bob

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
When its all over and done with and "the bomb" has been dropped and an astroid has collided with the Earth two things will survive....Cockroaches and THE BOX:eek: :D :D :D :D :p

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Wow this is a long thread!
Haven't seen "the box" on the Central New England as of yet, but the guy that stenciled it was practicing his art on this fence.

Attachments

• the fence.jpg
    the fence.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 147