The Box

J

jmarksbery

The Box??

OK, you guys finally did it, I don't know how, but it got routed to the WC & T RR in Kentucky via private car from the Maine Casket Company. My crew had to bring in the big hook to transfer to another flat car to transfer to a distanation I was told not to disclose. So, look out it may be coming in your direction! The board of directors of the WC & T wants to talk to me over this incident, for what I don't know but I heard rumors it was about "The Box." Good luck to whomever receives it. :mad:

Attachments

• the box.jpg
    the box.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 195

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Ah, but the plot thickens me thinks. This flat arrived ina consist from out east. Someone said they even thought it came into the yard being pulled by a Rock Island engine, but we all know that isn;t possible, unless of course it came from Montgomery and the engineer's name was Hank.

There must be some sort of conspiricy in the works with two cars in different location. Do you think the Maine Casket Company might be at the center of all this:confused: Could be that the feds think they are shipping in embalming fluid from Scotland and what it is instead is...................embalming fluid meant for Scots only:D :D

Cheers

Bob

Attachments

• dcp05059.jpg
    dcp05059.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 179

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
C'mon you guys. Give me a break. I am still trying to lay track and test engines on a piece of the branch line. I went to the room today to put somore track down and found these stupid BOXES all over the place. How is a guy supposed to work???

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 171

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Oh my goodness sakes alive. Do you suppose they can multiple on their own. Wonder how many in a normal little of little boxes. Does that mean we have boxies or craties, just like when you have puppies or kitties:D :D

Wonder if they are born carniverous:eek: :eek:

We know that they disguise themselves as crates coing to and from the Maine Casket Company, what next, pray tell:confused: :confused:

May be time for a wee dram of the Scottish embalming fluid:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bob

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
I think I am going to have to find that "embalming fluid" supplier also. Jeeeez!!! I am going to have to build a 'box removal" industry just to get back to building the layout. And n-scale people just can't move many boxes at a time. Getting this layout put together could go on indefinitely. : )

CUL

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
You mean building the layout doesn't go on indefinitely :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It does at my house. If it truly is a lifetime project to build a layout I'm glad I didn't start until I was 65, that way it won't take me so many hours:D :D

Apparently our crates can also change scales, at least from "N" to "HO" and back and forth. Let's hope they don't become "G" one of these days:eek: :eek:

Does anyone have a bomb shelter on their layout? I'm beginning to think it might be a good idea. I'm actually going to build a really big one so I have plenty of room for a large supply of wee drams;) ;)

Bob

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
One would think that if you had enough of those "wee drams" to become well fortified you wouldn't know the difference between traveling in a crate or the usual way in tourist class. Probably more room in the crate, assuming that it was "G" scale, of course.

Bob

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Tyson;

Have you been reading Dr. Suess again:D

Hey, those small crates aren't small crates at all, they are wee crates, just about a dram in size:p :p

I can't believe we haven't smoked Errol out of his hiding place in the heather yet. :cool: :cool:

Bob

I feel like I'm going to have to learn how to do an avatar. I must be the only one on the Gauge with more than 10 messages who doesn't have one of those gaudy things posted.:eek: :eek: