The Box

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
The Lone Ranger, always willing to help out the underdog, put out feelers around the 1st leg of the journey of the Box. This was where the Rock Island took delivery!!

Just after lunchtime (liquid lunch in the local pub), the RI staff were attempting to unload the truck. A local reporter took this picture. As he was a tresspasser on the RI property the RI suppressed publication as it showed The box about to fall off the truck. It appears first damage was caused at this point which accounts for the damage seen in the photo from N Gauger.

Further investigations shows that the 10 foot drop from the Mexican built crane had actually opened The Box revealing a turning lathe and fish bait. Both were forwarded on their journey but the bait was never received by the Clayton Central from the Badger Creek RR. The Scotland Yard investigators (all keen sports fishermen) failed to discover at what point the bait went missing. One local (a well known drunk) who frequents the wharf on the BCRR swears he saw the bait being beamed up to a UFO the same day it was offloaded from the freighter.

On the same day NORAD had reported an object resembling a Shay had been thermally imaged at an altitude of approx 250 miles! Shamus can expect a midnight knock on his door so we hope his fancy footwork is as deft as Kettlestack's !!!

Meanwhile Kettlestack (having lost his house to pay The Dream Team's fees) has taken up residence in the crossing keepers hut and is currently working on the land herding Haggis. When interviewd Kettlestack said he was seriously thinking of giving up model railroading as his lumber had been confiscated as evidence!

Now then, many of you may think this is a fairy tale..... but cast your eyes back over this thread and you will find photographic proof that the only fairytale in here is about the Southern never ever damaging freight! :p :p :p

Errol

Attachments

• pic00001 a.jpg
    pic00001 a.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 192

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Did you ever buy a kid a noisy toy, and then regret getting it because of the noise but the kid was having so much fun that you put up with it? That's the way I'm starting to feel about starting this thread.:D

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Bilk,
It just happens that while my wife was vetting my last post for spelling errors I said to her "Billk sure has a lot to answer for in starting this thread !! :) :D

Heh heh heh, got any more great ideas? :D

Errol

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Ah come on billk, this is really beginning to test some imaginations, maybe in your case also your patience:D :D

I heard that the great concern at this point is that the astrophysicists are becoming greatly concerned about an apparent wobble in the earths rotation. It seems that the problem is probably excessive amounts of horse manure being generated in the far north of the Bristish Isles. The word is that it gets deeper and deeper in an area slightly north of Edinburgh.

There will be an appeal for a lager number of crates to haul away these excessive amounts of manure and move it to various places around the world to balance things out.

:p :p ;) ;) :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :) :)

Buried in Bull in Boise

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Wonderful Account, but you failed to tell us how the crate got to Mexico, and who repired it???????

How does that go??

If you've seen the box...Go call the cops!!

If you spot the Crate.....A call Do make!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :) :) :eek: :eek: :D :D

~~ Mikey (Guardian of the "New" crate)

I'm taking donations for the security system The MF&W RR has installed, in and around, the Crate. These include, (But are in NO WAY limited to): GPS (hidden in the boards), Closed Circuit cameras ... Etc.... :)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
The manifest for that load seems to be missing. The doctor, next door thinks they might be Dolly Parton's mamograms. The smart***ed teamster across the street said "Jimmy Hoffa". :eek: :D :D :D

I know that the two box cars in front of that flat are loaded with lumber consigned to Macon Pallet. Tyson? did you order a pair of something?:confused: :confused:
Pete

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
The staff of the Sagaponack Motauk & Cindy's Harbor RR are extremely wise to have separated the boxes........
They originated on the Clayton Central just north of Edinburgh.
Not only is the smell from them rather ripe but if they come close together, critical mass could mean auto fertilising of vast areas of Illinois.

As there are no standard labels for such hazardous material, they were shipped as plain freight.

(Sorry Bilk ... :D :D but until you come up with another brilliant idea the saga will continue!!)

Errol

So that's where my dang gauges ended up!! Saga-who and what?? Those indian names drive me crazy!! Next time I'm specifying Yellow Freight! :D

BTW, Bob Collins, not to worry. The latest Astrophysical Journal states that the imbalance is being naturally corrected. It seems that a deepening layer of bull dung is being reported in Portland, OR and Washington, DC.:eek:

CarlFidy

Jun 17, 2002
Owasso, OK
Visit site
Permit???

Hey Tyson,

I know Errol didn't think we would ever get that huge crate off the flatcar, but it's now on a flatbed truck for the next leg of it's journey.

Hope your employees got a oversized/weight permit before they put that load on the public streets...DOT can be a real stickler about those things...expensive fines too....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: