The Box

Tyson, you've got me laghing till my sides hurt!:D :D :D

Great looking shipment you got there. "N" scale huh?? wow! and held in place with 12" dia bolts..... I like it. Did you sack the packers also, I sacked mine!:)

Can you post a pic of the "Big Hook" (probably about the size of Shamus's pile driver) to get that box on and off the flat? Just kidding :)

I have N gauge equipment too but the only flat car I have is an 19th century shorty,braced underneath, couldn't handle the weight of that earthmover you packed in that box :(

C'mon guys, where's the rest of the crates from Gauge Ind's??

Errol .. (The Lone Ranger :D ) ..... (Sounds better every time I say it)

Tyson Rayles

kettlestack, we used a front-end loader to load it:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: I agree with you, where are all the other boxes at??????????? Come on guys get with it!!!

RI541

You guys are killing me.

12" bolts?
Big hook?

You guys are cracking me up.

I was just cruising around and came acrossed Bobs first post and kinda followed it from there.I hope I didnt miss anything since there was a couple of differant threads.

I kinda liked the idea of the newspaper myself I enen had the building for it in the back of my head,I was even thinking of using somthing on the lines of Tysons hearld about Kudzu What ever that is.

Now your doing a box?Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm I dont Know.
I'd have to get a box I guess and paint it up pretty then put it on a flat car?Then paint The Gauge on it?Well I'll have to look into this since I also do N scale.But I'm willing to try anything.

I'll get back to you

Shane

Tyson is that Florida East Coast box car a Micro-Trains?

billk

Shane - The idea behind "The Box" was it was the most generic thing I could think of that could be plausibly found on almost any layout. It's just a box with the word Gauge on it. It doesn't have to be a flat car load - it can be sitting on a loading dock, for example. Or painted hot pink and poking up out of someone's back yard with a crowd of people around it scratching their heads.

RI541

Bill,

I'm glad of that as I just went through my "junk box" and thought of somthing differant,But it will still be a box with Gauge on it .

I just need the ambition to get up and paint it.

Shane

RI541

Well heres my version of The Gauge

Sorry the pics so big but I had to lay it on the scanner,Ive tried to photo copy some of my locos then scan but they come out blurry. And I dont have a digital camera yet.

Shane

Well I think I meesed up again.

Yep sure did The new image is on the next page I should have put it in before I removed the big one Bear with me this box of wires dont have couplers.

RI541

Tyson,

I made it so the box is removable so that I can put it on a flat car ship it down there to North Caraliner where you could unload it with all your heavy equipment.I could load it from this end with my 120 ton derrick if the old girl holds up.:D :D

I like that lil truck and box so I might make another one I think this is going some where.

Shane

Tyson Rayles

Didn't realize the box was removeable, like it even more, is it half over sized scale:D (what us N-Scalers refer to HO as being) :D

RI541

Tyson,

HO? Never....... That lil baby is 100% pure N-scale.

It took me about 2 hrs to build, paint and decal it.

I got two more on the bench waiting to be built.

I'll Have some pics developed tomrrow and put on cd so I can put a smaller pic up and get rid of the monster.

I got some other pics in the HO forum under "picking on the lttle guys" tread I have to chane since they are blurry.

I'm an N scaler true and true:) :)

Shane

IMRL393

Originally posted by RI541
Tyson,

HO? Never.......
I'm an N scaler true and true:) :)

Shane

But other than that, he's a really nice guy!

;) :D ;)

Just kidding, Shane!

Enjoyed seeing your intermodal box...
...being in N-scale, it's good you enlarged the photo!!!

- George

RI541

Hello? hello?

Is there anyone here???

Are you all busy building your boxes?

Hello? hello?

I guess nobodies here So I'll just take my train and go home:D :D

Shane

rockislandmike

Hey Shane, long time no chat. Two suggestions: your scanner software should allow you to do a preview, and then "frame" only the portion that you want to scan - will take a lot less room on your puter, and be a lot faster too.

Or, you could always crop the scan after it's complete. Every photo package I've ever seen could do this, including PhotoDraw that comes with some MS Office versions.

Nice one shane, now we can deliver door-to-door!:)
Are the other 540 the same colour? :D

Errol ..... (The Lone Ranger is thinking of selling his horse to get a truck):D

RI541

Errol,

Nope the other TWO are going to be red with yellow lettering and the cab will be sporting a Rock Island hearld.

Thanks for the compliment

Shane