The Box

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
I liken that to a pretty nifty excuse Tyson...boys check the garage for low-end export type activities. Just moving the stuff eh Tyson?? Now we know how you finance all those noonday sun runs....with midnight run counterfiet schemes.....uhhuh a lichenly story

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
OK folks, I've been workin on this since last summer. Ever since I read the box thread, I was hooked. So I began layin down track on white formica, and all fall and winter I've been down on my hands and knees with a #0 paintbrush paintin up my layout to look like the box! Well here it is is gang, my layout, all done in secret, and you are the first to see it, and I call it of course, THE BOX!

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 111

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
very clever to design, build and disguise a layout as a general purpose "box". Who would know??? (except for the Shadow - maybe...:D :D :D ) How many plastic people helped you put that track in place?:) :)

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Certainly an engineering marvel to be envied by all. What a clever way to disguise the "Box" :cool: :cool:

Even the misaligned track helps to throw off any suspicion;) ;)

Obviously hours and hours of painstaking labo(u)r has gone into this masterpiece. Will we be seeing it at any of the train shows :confused: :confused:

Bob

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Originally posted by Bob Collins
Certainly an engineering marvel to be envied by all. What a clever way to disguise the "Box" :cool: :cool:

..........Will we be seeing it at any of the train shows :confused: :confused:

Bob

Bob,

Do you think this might start the 'Box" on another round-the-world" tour using the train show layout as a means of transport?:eek: :eek: :D :D

I can see it all now. "The Box" appears at the GATS, or Greenburg, or West Springfield shows (or maybe all of them). In a display booth of its own that outshines the guys with KATO, MTH, Lionel and even the NTrak Module guys. Then it hops aboard one of those modules and disappears until the next show somewhere:eek: :eek: :D :D

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I think the train show idea is a clever disguise to move large quantities of embalming fluid from the heathered highlands of the north of Scotland to the colonies where is will be first taxed and then consumed :D :D :cool: :cool:

You notice that we only throw tea in the bay and save the embalming fluid for the good times;) ;)

Bob

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Dang it Bob, now Jon and I will have to find another way to ship the embalming fluid!! :rolleyes: You just blew the shipment I was about to send you!!!
(Whispering to Jon) .... Jon, maybe we can camouflage the box to look like a box car (timber outside braced of course)... the guys from DC will never suspect! :D :D :D

Errol

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
I'm sorry I can't take this layout to any shows... too much work in it and it's just too fragile. The neighbor kid already got a thumb print right in the middle of it!

(whispering) Errol, how about if we disguise The Box as a layout going to a train show? Who would the boys in DC trust more than Model Railroaders???? :D :D :D

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Laffin here Jon.... What do the DC suits know about RR's? .. they screwed Amtrak!!!!!!
To them, a boxcar is a boxcar is a boxcar!! (unless it's "The Box" with trucks and couplers) hehehe .... Theres hope for the illicit trade in hooch yet huh? :D :D :D

Errol

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Well I wish to report to all members that the box it`s on the move in Ontario, can some one come and move it please:D :D :D :D

We have the fire brigade involved, the Police have just arrived.
I smell trouble brewing. naaaaaw lets all have a beer.:D ;) :) :p :rolleyes:

Attachments

• close up gauge.jpg
    close up gauge.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 163

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Originally posted by interurben
Hey Jon , they were rather miffed about that, for little plastic men they sure have an attitude dont they?
So I threatend them with perment night shift.

Yep, you know, it seems like whenever I see a group of them together, ya sure they all might look busy, but how many of them are really doin some work?

Showed them who`s boss eh:D :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good work, Chris! Intimidation is our best weapon!