The Box

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
The GDI (Gauge Department of Intelligence) has indications that THE BOX may currently be at the North Pole in Santa's workshop having made a delivery of raw materials for the construction of "goodies" for good boys and girls.:D Guess that leaves me out!!!!!:( :D

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
One of our great states has borrowed it to store their election returns for the inevitable recount. Not saying which state, of course, but if anything is impervious to sunshine and orange juice, The Box is.

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I can't believe that any of our "real" Gauge crates, having been all over the world, would someone wind up in Indiana. It must be a fake, the one with embalming fluid in it, not the one with a few wee drams of single malt "beverage." :D

Bob

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by Bob Collins
I can't believe that any of our "real" Gauge crates, having been all over the world, would someone wind up in Indiana. It must be a fake, the one with embalming fluid in it, not the one with a few wee drams of single malt "beverage." :D

Bob

Bob, you have to ask Errol, the Deputy, he, himself, that Errol, he shipped it to Cobblers Knob, you see, and now the little plastic folk, they won't stand up straight!

Thanks to all of You Gaugers!

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Will THE BOX Be Home For Christmas?

Where is The Box?....Has it been abducted by aliens?....Has Errol torn it up again?....Is Santa using it to clean out his reindeer barn?...Did Tyson actually trade it for a Russian train?...Maybe Shamus is using it to hold his latest project?....Perhaps Pete is converting it to narrow gauage?....Or maybe BillK has repainted it to look like a Christmas package?....It could be in Val's basement?....Maybe MSH took it to Disney World and forgot to bring it back?....Is Jon keeping his meds in it?....Hopefully its under someone's Christmas tree crammed full of train goodies!!!:) :D :p

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Re: Will THE BOX Be Home For Christmas?

Originally posted by Vic
Where is The Box?....Has it been abducted by aliens?....Has Errol torn it up again?....Is Santa using it to clean out his reindeer barn?...Did Tyson actually trade it for a Russian train?...Maybe Shamus is using it to hold his latest project?....Perhaps Pete is converting it to narrow gauage?....Or maybe BillK has repainted it to look like a Christmas package?....It could be in Val's basement?....Maybe MSH took it to Disney World and forgot to bring it back?....Is Jon keeping his meds in it?....Hopefully its under someone's Christmas tree crammed full of train goodies!!!:) :D :p

Last time I saw it, it was "weight" for my snow plow in the "snow plow for the gauge Railway" post. :)

http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3574

~~Mikey

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Tyson..noone knows WHAT is in the box...the whole town is too darned scared to open it, they think it might have something to do with the boat anchor on the same flatcar, and noone knows WHY the heck THAT thing was brought into their town. Its a huge mystery, wide open to speculation.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hehehehehe!!!! Working late in his hidden lab, Lamont Cranston, better known as THE SHADOW and his lovely companion Margo Lane have determined that the indicated fine print on THE BOX reads: ACME Manufacturing Co.:eek: :eek: and that its destination is POVERTY ACRES, NC.:eek: :eek:

Hehehehe..."Who knows what lurks inside THE BOX.....":eek:

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 135

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Vic, THE SHADOW reported the lab found traces of dye similar to that used for colouring lichen. I put two and two together and concluded that Tyson has been having us on!!! :eek: :eek:

It seems he orders thousands of trees from Acme!!! (and if you recal, he told us he made them all himself in an evening!!!)

I wonder what sort of "southern" gibberish excuse he's gonna dream up to explain this little tactic??? :D :D :D

Aartwmich, that was a neat bit of freight spotting! Good job you had your camera handy. :cool: :cool:

Errol

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Courage bolstered, and curiosity piqued, by direct communication from the Shadow himself, the yard boss has ordered the box top removed! Lo and behold, there springs forth an unimaginable mass of model foliage!!

The Shadow is now on his way, accompanied by an agent from the FBAI (Federal Bureau of Arboritive Investigation), to Poverty Acres NC to have a chat with a one Tyson Rayles about counterfeit trees.

Attachments

• the gauge box 2.jpg
    the gauge box 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 117