The Box

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
That's whys I did it. LOL

Great Stuff!!!!

I told my wife i had to take some pics for The Gauge & she said: "Why, is there another contest???"

I said Yep & I have to take a couple more of "The Box"

She just nodded her head... -- Not sure what that means...

:confused: :confused: :D :D

Anyway - GREAT STORY!!!! ROFL

~~ Mikey

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
~Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter~

Somewhere, in the woods, not far from highway 114, near an abandoned shack, we hear a little rumbling...

Taz: Grooble-doooble grumpin groch. Where the he-hoff didya think you'd find me after being in that blim-blammin box fer so long?

OUTHStaz.JPG

and the stench was overwhelming for weeks to come...

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
inspection station

Errol,

I have finally got the rail down on the Engleton & Western and as a result had to put up a "box" inspection station at the end of the yard (see photos in N/Z forum). We have not hired the inspectors yet but I have it on good authority from my friends in Washington, DC that there are a few folks of upstanding character that may apply for the job. They were former lobbyists for a company called "Dacron", or maybe it was "Algernon", or something like "Ennron". Anyway they seem to talk a good story and say that they could never be bought - even if the fluids were of excellent quality. They may of course have to sample a few in order to pass them but they will not be "bribed". Who knows what that "box" may bring. Maybe we could pack our "sniper" in it and send him off to glorious end somewhere not pleasant.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Chuckling here David, just made a note of that there new RR called Engleton & Western as a "must see". Already scheduled my waybill to get there BEFORE those awfully nice chappies from Washington take up positions in that inspection hose! :D :D

Iff'n they get there before I do, I'll just flick my kilt and moon them coz I hear the Washington chaps are not too bright and easily confused!! :eek: :eek: :D :D

BTW, that's a reall cracker of a layout to be undertaken on your own, but you're making a swell job of it sir.

Errol

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Originally posted by kettlestack

Iff'n they get there before I do, I'll just flick my kilt and moon them coz I hear the Washington chaps are not too bright and easily confused!! :eek: :eek: :D :D
Errol

Errol, be very careful to whom you flick it at.....Some of those chaps may applaud and ask for an encore!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Good Grief;

I leave the country for three short weeks and it sounds like all of you have forgotten to take your Prozac!

Turkey is a fabulous place to visit, but if you plan to do any railfanning I think you will be greatly disappointed. Their rail system has fallen into a state of mismanagement and is not used a great deal. I never did see a moving train although I was out and about a great deal of the time I was there.

We rode their overland buses which are very nice and faster than the trains!!

Good to be back. I'll be lurking until I can get caught up:D :D

Bob-