The Blacksmith Car

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Casey Feedwater, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Here is my OVT&L's blacksmith car. I just finished it earlier this week and put it into service. The firewood car coupled behind it provides plenty of wood for the stove and any forge operations. :p

My next project is a half dozen tie and rail cars for the work train. They are being built on a flatcar frame I recently scratch built from scale stripwood and Grandt Line n-b-w's. I then sent the "master" frame to Rusty Stumps for casting in white metal. I hope to finish drilling and tapping the truck bolsters and coupler posts tonight.

2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Fantastic Casey! Your models have such character and they really capture that old-time back woodsy feeling. I can almost smell the mixture of pines, damp earth and kerosine. Awesome!

:D Val
  3. RaiderCTE

RaiderCTE Member

That is remarkable craftmanship.
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Awesome, outstanding, and so on and so forth! As usual Casey absolutely fantastic work my friend! :cool: :cool: :cool:
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Nice Work Casey!! :) :)
  6. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

That is absolutely fantastic, great job greaaaaaaaat job. Keep um comin!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  7. Vic

Vic Active Member

Awesome Casey!!!:)

One of the projects over in the "unbuilt kit stash" is a Walthers blacksmith car to become HOn3.....but without a doubt it will not be as fine as your creation!!!!:)
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Fantastic modeling & a detailing masterpiece!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  9. interurban

interurban Active Member

Beautiful Casey.
    And your websit is fab;)
  10. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

And a so fifth from me too. Looks good. :):)
  11. A "fifth?" I'll drink to that. hehe:p

What's that old saying? Where there are four model railroaders, you'll find a fifth.....:D :D :D :D

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :)
  12. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Casey, thats one sweet looking scratchbuilt Blacksmiths car, I have to start making those in 0n30 soon LOL

13. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member usual.

Absolutely SPECTACULAR work, Casey! Every time I see your work, I'm amazed.:)