"The Big Trees" DVD - Logging and TOC reference

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by hminky, Nov 19, 2004.

1. hminky

hminky Member

I found this DVD at Walmart for a dollar, "The Big Trees", starring Kirk Douglas. It has some interesting logging footage, including a much too short scene of the Sumpter Valley tank Mallet. If you model late nineteenth century and central California it has TOC clothing in color, slightly faded technicolor, it produces a cheap reference. Most of movie costuming is fairly accurate.
    Just a thought:wave:
  2. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been looking for that movie to be done on DVD, the price sure sounds right.

Gotta go...I'm off to Wallmart.
  3. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Wal Mart...Ewwwww.

Well, as much as I loathe "that place", the next time I have no choice but to be there, I'll be on the lookout, too. Thanks, Harold! :)
  4. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

I finally found the Big Trees DVD at Wallmart. It was up in the front of the store in a display full of $1.00 DVD's. It came in a super thin case.

It only took six months to finally find it.

Someday I hope to find DVD's to replace my VHS tapes for Denver & Rio Grande starring Edmund O'Brien and "Breakheart Pass" starring Charles Bronson.