The Bet Day 1. The Door.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
My brother-in-law had I have a bet..The bet is I can not build a N scale layout on a 36" x 80" hollow core door in 6 months.Well,my late wife and I build one from ground zero including 17 buildings in 30 days.So now the bet is one that I can't build one in 6 months since I have the use of one hand.
Of course I have several plans in motion..I have some N Scale buildings and Model Power has several build ups I can use.In fact the very same buildings I used on the first layout! So,one problem solved.My son will help by doing the soldering.There is no rule in the bet thatI can't get a helping"hand"as needded but,I must do 99% of the work.
Now stayed tune for a day to day progress report.
Sorry this is the picture I can take with my limited space.

Attachments

• The-Door-002.jpg
    The-Door-002.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 172

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yep, every journey starts with a step no matter how long (says some wise old philosopher) :rolleyes:, yours on the other hand starts with a door proving that no all philosophers know what they're talking about.:D :D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Ralph said:
I'm rooting for you Brakie! What do you win?
Ralph
Ralph,The bet is $50.00..The layout I am building is the same one my late wife and I built in 1978.I have that track plan stuck in my head because that was the best layout I ever designed to date and was a blast to operate....I have regretted tearing up that layout and often thought about redoing it.So, with this bet I got the Chance.After its built I plan on displaying it at local train shows and of course operating the layout.There will be 2 minor changes..Of course these changes was thought of years ago and will improve operation

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Drew,The door is just leaning agin the wall...I haven't even begun to work on it..Plan to paint it the first thing in the morning.Then will start getting serious about getting the layout built.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Day #2.
The door is painted..

rksst,I plan on buying some N Scale odds and ends I wouldn't normally buy..That is IF I win the bet..

Attachments

• The-Door-002.jpg
    The-Door-002.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 120

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
A update.
I have made a order for more track,roadbed,switches etc..Now I play the wait on the order to get here before moving into phase 2 the laying of the roadbed and track.:thumb:

jcoop1

Mar 18, 2005
Best of luck to you, do you have a trackplan on paper?
If not a good pic of the track down would be great.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
John,Stay tuned..I am going to post progress reports..Now I am waiting on my order to get here so I can start phase 2 putting the road bed down and lay track.