The Berlin Wall--Grenzmauer 75

RocketmanTan

Well, December 25th marks the 20th anniversary of the dissolution of the Soviet Union. 20 years ago, America--the world-- was finally free from the threat of nuclear annihilation. Russia was finally free from decades of oppression, the Gulag was no more, and most of all, postwar Germany was reunited.

So, what better model for this occasion than a model of the piece of Soviet history that has since become a symbol of oppression, the Berlin Wall. Granted, the Wall fell down some two years prior, but it's still a symbol of Soviet oppression, is it not?

The model will include two segments of the wall; one blank whitewashed segment, and another featuring a Checkpoint Charlie sign. I'm almost done building the first section; should be done with both segments tonight, and I'll probably testbuild on Friday.

Enjoy some photos:
uDn8H.png

at the bottom of each segment is a little plate showing various dates involving the wall. I've written it in German, English and French. If anyone can translate it into Russian as well, that'd be great!

kGnga.png

inky

This is looking great. Cyrillic does look that it was that hard. LOL You did a great job on it though.

RocketmanTan

Testbuild done. Have some pics!

The model comes with two modular segments (you will be able to print more if you wish):
m0H45.jpg

Here's what the generic single segment looks like:
xWeRJ.jpg

And finally, at the bottom of each segment is a small history of the Berlin Wall, with dates written in German, English, and French (does anyone know Cyrillic? It'd be great to have a Russian translation there, too). In front of the base is a piece of the Berlin Wall I...obtained, from a surviving segment.
NHqKT.jpg