The Beast From The East

L

lester perry

Bring on the big boy. Here is 1,197,400 pounds of steel, pulling 7000 plus horses at the draw bar. the un sung power house of the Allegheny mountains. My favorite loco. also known as Limas finest. C&Os H8-Allegheny.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

this one was taken out of service and pushed into this building the same day. it has been out of the weather. I would say it is in such good condition that it would probably be made road worthy very easily.
Les

steamhead

Wwhhhooooooo......That's a beauty of a brute...!!!!

Got any more pics of this monster...??

Thanks for posting.....This one made my day...:thumb:

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
i have never seen the alleghany at (i presume) the henry ford museum,which i believe is one of the most b-e-a utiful locos ever made :thumb: ,but i hear shes still leaking lube from the journals :eek: ,man,i wish CSX could run some excursions with her,like UP.--josh

BreathinHeavy

Hey guys where is this engine located ive seen the alleghany at the b&o museum in baltimore. i must say this one looks alot better.

Attachments

• IMG_2240.jpg
    IMG_2240.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 10
L

lester perry

If the one in your pic is the one in Baltimore it is in better shape now than a few years ago. they have been working on it. A few years ago it was outside rusting away. a real tear jerker. but looks much better now. I need to revisit the museum.
Les

Pooh Bah
The Allegheny won't be going out of The Henry Ford (as it's now called) in a hurry. When it was bought in, they had to do surgery on the cab to get it though the back doors.