"The Batman" animated series Batmobile

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Really?!!! I'd love to see that.

I've managed to get help with this project. A guy who knows a bit about Batman and papermodels, has even designed two of them himself.

We have 2 projects to get through first then we'll be making a swift start on these Batmobiles. In the meantime, I'll still be gathering as much Bat reference I can get my hands on.

I've just gone nuts at Amazon buying books for the movies, to try and get more pics of the cars.

This is going to be fun!! :)
  2. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Talking about me?:rolleyes:
  3. Mifune73

Mifune73 Member

4. Mifune73

Mifune73 Member

Heh. I didn't even notice that you're on that site Claudio. You guys do get around...
  5. clif52

clif52 Banned

What site did you guys find the photo of the animated Batmobile for the street. I've always wanted to build one of those to drive to work. I've been "toying" with the idea of taking a PT Cruiser and adding the fin to the top and the bathead to the front and making a fake 1940s style Batmobile to pull my toy trailer to toy shows.

I love the Bat! We need one in real life to track down the terrorists and scare the crap out of them.

6. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Oh yeah! Bill (batmobilehistory.com) put a link there when I published the Batmobiles.
  7. Master-Bruce

Clif, If you go to 1989 Batmobile there are pics of it there.

Claudio,yeah I was talking about you. ;) I'm real excited now about these. Clif has sent me pics of the other "The Batman" car so I'm gathering more and more reference for these.

Mifune73, thanks for that. A shame though that the cars had been whited out. I love comic art and would have liked to see the full spread.
  8. Master-Bruce

I wanted to thank those who've helped me with my mission to gather reference for this project.

Bazookajo, big thank you to you buddy. Your help was invaluable.

Now I can post some pics of what I'm hoping to do:

Keaton Mobile,

Batman Forever

Batman and Robin

Animated Series

The Batman (Mk I)

The Batman (Mk II)

The first one will be the "The Batman" MkI car. Plans are to have an interior too.

I'll probably start a new thread when work begins on it.
  9. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Still would like to see an animated version...it would be a simple build i would think?
  10. Master-Bruce

It would be. Though we're not doing that one for a while yet. The order has changed now though. After Christmas and New Year is over, we're starting with the Batman and Robin car.

I've managed to find some great reference for it so it has to be done. Claudio and I have mentioned some special features for it so that this model can be lit with LEDs using transparent sheets for engine, wheel and interior parts.

It should be really special if we pull it off.

Though Santa needs to do his thing first though. :)
  11. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

I didnt know you wanted to do the '89 version (keatonmobile) too, I have a CRAPLOAD of stuff on it, even a bunch of decent schematics on it... look for emails soon
  12. Master-Bruce

Got it. Thanks buddy, :)
  13. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Skip are you planning a version of the second Batmobile from the first animated show. Thats the one I sent you. It looks a lot easier than the first animated Batmobile. Its on the last set of DVDs of Batman the Animated Series set. I think it was 1997. The show changed all of the design work in that set. All of the artwork changed and the vehicles. I think that was when the show was paired up with Superman. The Batmobile stayed the same through the Justice League series. Its cool, more streamlined and sporty than the original animated Batmobile which is still one of my alltime favorites. The 1966 is an alltime classic, as well as the Keaton movie car. The two animated cars are classics as well. The two new cars from "The Batman" animated series are very cool and very 21st Century SciFi looking. Good luck on the new project I'll have to start a new Batman vehicle collection.

14. Master-Bruce

Is that where that was from?? I'm sorry, I thought you'd made a mistake on that pic. I never got to see the "Animated Series" through to the end so didn't know about the changes.

I do like the design.

We're both taking a break for Christmas and then coming back at these to get them off the ground.

Seeing as these are cars, they'd be a great opportunity for you to design some display bases for them. The '66 base could be the opening of the Batcave?

To be honest I love them all, but the "Forever" car being my least favourite. I think I mentioned that earlier. :) But it could be quite a challenge for a papermodel, especially with those open ribs.

I'm just waiting to recieve my reference from a very reliable source for two of the cars then we're good to go. Plus Oyl sent some great stuff for them. I don't know where he got half of it but it's very good.
  15. clif52

clif52 Banned

I've designed several bases for the 1966 Batmobile. I'll have to take photos and post them. I did a 1966 batcave with turntable. Photographic but it does have a 3D bump out section of cave. I'm looking for some good textures to make a generic batcave interior base now. I hadn't thought about the exiting the Batcave for the 66 I'll have to work on that one. I'm building your X-jet and I may have a new display base for you later in the week. Stainless steel looking design. Keep up the good work.
  16. Master-Bruce

Sounds really cool. I'll be looking forward to seeing them all.
  17. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

18. Master-Bruce

Just imagine a dark Batcave display stand with a nice backdrop, with a lit PAPER Batmobile standing proudly on it. I can, and it looks good! :)

Man! I can't wait until January!
  19. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

lol, just imagine puttin a motor underneath the platform so it spins like the "real" one is supposed to!
  20. Master-Bruce

Wouldn't that be cool! Ooh, ideas.