"The Batman" animated series Batmobile

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hi guys,

I'm calling for reference help again. I've been searching for reference pics on the two Batmobiles featured in the new Batman animated series titled, "The Batman".

I've had little success, google only really turns up images of the toys not stills from the show itself. :(

I wondered if any of my friends here had any DVDs of this series and whether they could help my with screen caps of the 2 Batmobiles? There's one main one, but in one episode, the Batmobile got destroyed in a chase with a bad guy. So, Batman had to build a new one. It was much cooler than the previous version. ;)

If anyone can help me here I'd be eternally greatful to you. I've been busy at Amazon buying Batman books for a new project that I'll be starting sometime next year. Kind of taking off from Claudio Dias' 60's Batmobile and his Tumbler. Kinda like a fill in the gaps project. :)

I'm too busy to start it now but I've been thinking about this one for around a year so I figured it's time to DO rather than think about it. This would be a really good project if I manage to get the reference I need. I hope to get it off the ground soon after Bumble Bee and the Powerloader are done.

Remember this is for "The Batman" and NOT Batman:The Animated Series. I already have the reference for that one. ;)

Please help!!!!!!! Many thanks. :)
  2. clif52

clif52 Banned

The latest version is a HotWheels Car

Hey Buddy

I love what you've been designing lately. I'm ready for the 3ft. versions, especially the Galactica and the X-Jet. I bought the newest version of the Batmobile from the cartoon at a toy show last weekend in HotWheels size. I can take photos tonight with the high rez digital camera if you need them. Just let me know what size and what angle. I have an animated Batmobile toy (about 18" long) from the 1990's cartoon if you are interested in that. I'm looking for the animated Batwing from that series now. I'm a big Batman fan from the time I was a kid. I'd still love to get that Batman figure that was here about a month ago but it seems to have died out. I even did research on the eagle gargoyles on the Chrysler Building in New York to build a display base for it.

Anything I can do to help let me know. I'm a freelance commercial artist if you need any help with textures. I'm deep, deep into Photoshop and make my own textures for the custom toys I build.

3. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

4. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Hi Webdude - how's it going :wave:

Looks like Webdudes done the legwork.

If you still need more however I have the first 3 series on DVD (will get the 4the shortly), but have the episode of which you speak :mrgreen:

I could always pick up from my mum's this weekend if you still need a few screenshots.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

6. Master-Bruce

Thanks guys,

Rick, I'll check all those links after posting this. Thanks very much. :)

Paul, I'm not sure what's at the links posted by Rick but I'd live some screen grabs please.

Clif52, Me too! I love Batman, probably the best hero as he has no powers. I like the darkness of the Batman world too.

I'll take any reference anyone can send me. The more the better.

Not so much for the Animated Series as there's planty of reference floating around for that and I can get that myself. Don't want you guys doing all the leg work for me. :)

Thanks again guys.
  7. sherban

sherban Member

8. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

No probs - I'll grab the DVDs from my mum's on Sunday.

As for the Batman - I'm also a huge fan of the caped crusader.

I'm actually working my way through the entire animated series for a second time before I rerun the average Superman series, and the excellent Justice League DVDs :mrgreen:

Can't wait for the Dark Knight movie :twisted:

9. Master-Bruce

Thanks Sherban, but I mentioned Claudios model in an earlier post. I'm hoping to cover the other Batmobiles so that eventually there'll be a full set to compliment Claudios two.

I'd love to do these with him but aside from the X-Jet, Claudio's offered to help with BumbleBee(car and bot) and an airship from a kids show. I couldn't ask him to commit to these too.

Hey Paul, you're like me. :) I too love Superman, Batman and The Justice League shows. I don't have them on DVD but would like to at some point. Thanks for helping. :)
  10. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Start with Batman TAS :- prices start at around $20 per season from Amazon private sellers, and with 4 discs a series packed with extras their worth every penny m8 - would make an ideal xmas pressie 4U, so start dropping the hints now :mrgreen:
  11. Master-Bruce

$? Aren't you a UK man Paul? I was looking at them on Amazon lastnight actually. I got tempted for a few sneaky purchases but managed to restrain myself. Just! LOL
  12. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Well, here's one less that you need to do. Unless you feel like doing a larger version :mrgreen:

Ninjatoes has the Keaton Batmobile: Ninjatoes' papercraft webpage

13. Master-Bruce

I've seen that. I like it but wanted to try and have Dias style models all in the same scale with interiors for all. I know Claudio didn't do interior for the Tumbler but there's not really that many useful shots of it for reference plus the Tumbler design is fairly complex as it is.

I hope to kick start this project with the Keaton Mobile. I aim for 1/20 scale just Claudio's 'Mobiles and have textures high res enough for a rescale to 1/10 for those like Jaffro who like them a bit bigger.

I just hope I can do justice to all those curves when it comes to the movie cars.
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think the best Batmobile has been the Tumbler with the Animation version a close second.
  15. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Have to agree on the tumbler being the best... I'm not familiar with the animated series but my second favourite would have to be the "keatonmobile".
  16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Have a looksee at the picture I posted above... it was the quickest I could find.

That Batmobile is the most imposing of all like the Keatonmobile but cleaner.
  17. Master-Bruce

Yeah, it is a nice car. I too favour the Tumbler, it's by far the most aggressive of them all. Well, it's not a car is it, more like a tank! I think my least favourite was the Kilmer car, the one in Batman Forever, although I like them all.
  18. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

The kilmer and clooney cars look like a** if you ask me... I found pictures of them while doing some tumbler reference research and they really do nothing for me at all...

On the subject of Batmobile reference searches...

Stev0, this one's for you: :p

19. Master-Bruce

I saw that. It's nice but on that site there's a shot of the car with a guy next to it. It's actually quite small.

Great effort to replicate it though.
  20. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Has anyone read the excellent Batman graphic novel "Hush" by Jeph Leob and Jim Lee?

There's an excellent part in it where someone blows out one of the batman's tyres with some serious firepower - totalling the Batmobile. Later he goes to get one of his 'reserve cars and there's a picture of a section of the batcave with about 15 cars, including the original Adam West car to the Keaton-mobile and I'm guessing most if not all of the comic book iterations.

It's an absolute classic! :mrgreen: