The B&MC has now gone N scale....

shaygetz

balloon6 Well sorta....

After receiving an email offering me an N scale layout for free, I quickly jumped into ol' Paint and set off for parts eastward. 3 hours, 60 miles and two bridge tolls later, I had this setting on my beloved's beautiful oak dining room set.:eek:ops: :rolleyes:

Built by a mechanical engineer, it came with a complete set of prints including wiring schematic, 21 cars and two locomotives. It's scenicked much like an architectural model of a small town and sports a folded figure 8 with 8 turnouts, a passing siding, a 3 track yard and two spurs. He was as pleased to give it to me as I was to receive it. My plan is to use it at shows, nursing home and children's wards just as he built it.

I'll try to get some more pics soon enough.

Attachments

• nscale.jpg
    nscale.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 197

2-8-2

Very nice little layout! :thumb:

I'm a little concerned about that whole "3 hours, 60 miles later" thing though. Is Ol' Paint really a horse? Were you driving Miss Daisy?

shaygetz

2-8-2 said:
Is Ol' Paint really a horse?

Ol' Paint is my faithful '94 Merc:thumb:

Here's more pix as promised. The only thing I've added are the Micro Machines (sorry, couldn't resist:thumb: ) After hauling it half in/half out my trunk, I'm still thinkin' there's some poor tourist from Jersey pullin' one o' them bottlebrush pines outta his $200 Pirellis on the side of US 98:rolleyes: :D .

Attachments

• nscale1.JPG
    nscale1.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 175
  • nscale2.JPG
    nscale2.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 235
  • nscale3.JPG
    nscale3.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 174
  • nscale4.JPG
    nscale4.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 223
  • nscale5.JPG
    nscale5.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 174

shaygetz

Some more...

Attachments

• nscale6.JPG
    nscale6.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 226
  • nscale7.JPG
    nscale7.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 172
  • nscale8.JPG
    nscale8.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 170
  • nscale9.JPG
    nscale9.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 174
  • nscale10.JPG
    nscale10.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 170
Boy Bob you really got a great deal there to say the very least. Very
Very nice. Glad your going to put it to a fine use. Enjoy it '

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

Papa Bear

Bob, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought you'd converted. :D Still, that's a very nice layout. and I know you'll put it to good use.

Will_annand

NIce score Bob, have fun showing it off. On a purely personal note, it looks far too "clean" for me, I would be getting out the weathering gear and "making it real" sign1

ezdays

Out AZ way
Wow, that is so cool, great find but your intentions deserve it. Glad you can put it to good use.

viperman

Very nice. I got my start on my current layout in a similar fashion (thanks to Craigslist, not an email though)

shaygetz

Papa Bear said:
Bob, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought you'd converted. :D Still, that's a very nice layout. and I know you'll put it to good use.

With 35 locos and 107 cars, all in HO scale, if I changed scales, my beloved would take great delight in placing this layout in a calm, creative, ladylike manner into one of my bodily orifices.:eek:ops:

Will_annand said:
On a purely personal note, it looks far too "clean" for me, I would be getting out the weathering gear and "making it real"

While there are a couple of really red roofs I plan on toning down, I intend to stay with the builder's orginal style. I've always dug Marklin, Herpa, Volmer and Faller catalogues for their neat as a pin style of modeling and this layout fits that nicely. But I do know da feelin'...my pastels and my brushes are tryin' to break into N scale but...I'm resistin' the urge.:D :thumb:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Thats funny...The other day I was washing the car and found one of those Life Like Pine trees stuck in my grill....Hmmmm
Nice looking layout...and the price was right.

shaygetz

Petervan said:
do think you may like to exspand.sign1

I'm already enduring polite "Honey, it's really cute but, just where are we going to put this thing?" dialoque right now:D Don't know that I'd care to entertain the additional diplomacy (read that dinners, chick flicks, new furniture, etc.) necessary to pull that off.:thumb:

shaygetz

eightyeightfan1 said:
Thats funny...The other day I was washing the car and found one of those Life Like Pine trees stuck in my grill....Hmmmm

I figured it'd wind up in somebody's grill....:thumb: