The Atlas Forum is up and running again

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Espeenut, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Espeenut

Espeenut Member

...for those interested, Atlas has got their Forum back online. You have to re-register, but it doesn't take that long, the new format is pretty straight forward and easy to understand, its the same format as that used on 'The Railroad Forum'.

Lorne Miller
  2. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

3. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

If my wife kicked me out for a couple month I wouldn't go crawling back on my hands and knees. Have fun over there guys. Fred
  4. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

Two who months without Atlas. Took me a week to get that acceptance email. Sounds like Atlas as usual. I'll take a look at the site, but I already figure that it'll be about same.
  5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I read the Atlas forum "rules" and it states about four times in 14 rules that there will be no flaming. Hmm, I wonder if they really mean that... :oops: :oops: I also am wondering if they had those same rules before :confused: :confused: :confused:
  6. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

Got back into the hobby just this year and first discovered the Atlas forum. A short time later they shut down, much to my good fortune. I discovered other forums including The Gauge with a focus on model railroading, not egos.

I don't think I need to go back.

7. fifer

fifer Active Member

I agree 100%

Mike :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
  8. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

I'm with you guys.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :sleeping:
  9. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Thanks to all you guys for being faithful to the GAUGE. To all of your returning to the Atlas forum, good luck and best wishes. If you decide to come back here you will be welcome. Best :thumb: Jim
  10. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

The-Gauge is the only railroad forum for me. This is by far the best forum i have seen. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  11. philip

philip Guest

If my wife kicked me out for a couple month I wouldn't go crawling back on my hands and knees. Have fun over there guys. Fred

aint that the truth.....

12. OwenCPR

OwenCPR Member

I've always posted to both, but still consider the Gauge to be "home". I've always liked the email subscription for replies to threads on the Gauge (something I still cannot find on Atlas despite the rules saying its there) and the layout of this forum (from a computer geek like me) is infinitely better!!!! Just my humble opinion!!!
  13. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

I watch and post a bit in the Atlas forum, but most of the postings there are just 'fluff'. The real railroading is here at The Guage
  14. Catt

Catt Guest

I was an ATLAS Forum member before this forum existed.I am still a member of the ATLAS Forum and will remain so as long as I own a computer.

The real main difference between the Atlas Forum and this one is we don't allow the flame wars to go beyond a spark before we exstinguish them.

There are some really great modelers on this forum and ALL of the members are good people.For the most part you can say the same about the ATLAS Forum though I think there are a few prima donna's over there.
  15. brakie

brakie Active Member

Well,I haven't register yet on the Atlas forum..I may do so to protect my moniker from some newbie using it.. :D
    I would not judge all of the Atlas forum members by the few that may be prima donna's .You find those on most forums just as you will good members.. :thumb: :D
  16. hoyle

hoyle Member

About that turner cleaner Brakie i used it and like you say it works.Things are getting heated up on that fourm.
  17. brakie

brakie Active Member

Getting heated up already ??!! Geese! Hasn't been a week yet. :(
    Well you know how that guy is..He's always right while everybody else is wrong..
    We been using the Channel Turner cleaner for the last 12 years at the club.
  18. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

For the Atlas members who are going back and leaving the-gauge until next year, thank you for your contributions. For those who will stay here, welcome.
  19. Smitty

Smitty New Member

I had to log onto the Atlas forum again, in order to read any messages. WoW, What a lot of rules. [​IMG] Found out that someone had already liberated my user name. I'll monitor it from time to time, but I think I've found my new home.

Glad to be a part of "The Guage"

Cheers, Smitty
  20. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Welcome aboard Smitty. I'm sure you will find your new home a great place to hang out. Theres a wonderful bunch of guys and gals here that are very helpful and will gladly help anyone out. Theres no flames down here so you won't need to have a bucket of water by your computer. Enjoy'

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave: :sleeping: