The Ash Creek Lumber Co.

Drew1125

Drew,
That is a very cool little layout!
I really like the rough-hewn, tumble-down look of it all!
(I like that Baldwin switcher too! :cool: )
I can definitely see the Shamis influence here...but you've added your own little twist to it!
Very nice work!

jmarksbery

Great

Great work Drew, it all looks so nice, I really like the rounded porch on the buildings down town, gives it a warm down home feeling. You have done well for the great Shamus.:eek: :eek: :eek:

spitfire

Great stuff Drew! Your model looks really great and the photography as well. I've suddenly had a crash course in how much effort goes into those seemingly effortless photos. Keep up the great work!

Cheers
:D Val

Lighthorseman

Excellent Work!!

That is an OUTSTANDING piece of work, Drew! I'd love to see a few thousand (give or take :D ) more pictures.

I sure hope that I can acheive results like that someday.

Layout size

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Very nice Drew! :cool: What is the size of the layout?

Tyson,

the layout is a pie shape. The two straight sides are about 30", and the portion of circumferance is only about 39". I'm not sure how to figure out the sq ft of this area!!

The radius of the 'branch', from the switch, going back into the wall is about 8-9", and yes the S-12 can handle it. Remember, the first rule of operation is "the operator must run his power as SLOW as possible!!

Drew

Attachments

• ash creek clearances 984.jpg
    ash creek clearances 984.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 118
On Order

Originally posted by eightyeightfan1
Great modeling Drew!
Trade in that SW for a Climax or a Shay, though I liked the way you made the SW look "second hand".
Excellent!

Thanks eightyeightyfan1, I had to do something with the x SP unit untill my McCloud River Heisler arrives from Rivarossi!!!:cool: :cool: I can hardly wait:) :)

Thanks to All

thanks Gary, and all respondents!! I appreciate the comments!

It may seem like I'm not around much, and that is partialy the case. I only reply to the posts once or twice a week. I just don't want people to think that I ignored all the comments.

thanks to all

Drew