The Apollo Historical Series in 1/480th scale released!

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by George B, Apr 27, 2008.

1. OK, now that that's settled-----

By the way Roger Chafee (Apollo 1 burned on the launch pad) graduated from the same High School I did only a few years earlier. He spoke at our graduation. So all you conspirists who have no life please go dishonor someone else that deserves it, like the Natzis.

And speaking of the Russians, they were not exactly forthcoming about their failures were they? Only now are we hearing what really happened back then. America was willing to put their collective asses on the world stage for better or worse. So why would you conspirists want to take their hard earned paved in blood, achievements away from them? Even the Russians didn't do that! So what does that make you? As you can see this really pisses me off! I sat on my couch with my firstborn son on my knee as we watched Niel step on the moon. Did you catch that? It was the moon, the real one that we see 2 weeks out of the year that's it, final get over it!

To the rest of my friends here on the forum, model on.
  2. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

For those who want to listen to some of those behind the scenes talking about the Apollo program, check out my podcast at Conversations With Apollo.

It's also on iTunes.

I think you'll come to the conclusion this was the real McCoy.
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Photo Proof from The Moon

Hi all Apollo and space buffs,

If col. kurtz (or anyone else) still doubts whether there ever was any Lunar landings, here are some original NASA images from the Apollo 11 mission - just have a look at those amazing Hasselblad camera images (all of them shot by commander Neil Armstrong, July 20, 1969), and then say it didn´t happen . . ? :

1. High above the Lunar surface - coming in with the LM for landing in the Sea of Tranquility area, with one more Lunar orbit to go:

2. The first photo taken from inside the LM after touch-down on the Moon:

3. The very FIRST photo taken from the actual surface of the Moon, with a 'jettison bag' that was thrown out onto the ground:

4. One of the LM´s legs with the track made by the contact probe visible in the Lunar dust under the pad. Note also the radial pattern in the soil made by the descent engine:

5. Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin backing out of the Lunar Module for his first Lunar EVA:

6. 'Buzz' preparing to jump off the ladder and landing pad onto the Moon:

7. The famous 'first' footstep of mankind on the Moon (Buzz´s footprint, photo by Neil):

8. 'Buzz' preparing to salute the newly planted US flag:

There are more amazing photos at: Apollo 11 Image Library

Those images are proof enough for me. How about you?
    All the best,
    Bengt :thumb:
  4. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

HAHa...another mystery debunked...if you look closely in pictures 5 and 6, you can definetly see some stars in the background. now you all can't say "there are no stars" Great photos everyone.

Hoax-Believers: zip

Believers: All
  5. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Epic Win
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Starry, Starry Sky . . .

I´m glad you noticed. There is one in picture 3, too. Of course, they are really easy to add in Photoshop but these are in fact real stars.

All the best,
  7. jparenti

jparenti Member

Yeah, I always wondered why that persisted as a myth. After all, how many people are capable of taking a picture of the stars with a normal camera? Even with a very general knowledge of photography techniques, one knows that you have to adjust the settings quite specifically if you are shooting an astronomical photograph.
    My answer to the doubters is the same always: "Do you really think our government, coupled with the news media and the thousands of subcontractors responsible for buiding the equipment, would be able to keep everyone's mouths shut for nearly forty years?"
    The response is usually just silence. :)
  8. Jparenti

I think you are being too kind. I say to the doubters --"GET A LIFE!!"

I have learned through life that there are always and will always be those who question everything. Everything is a conspiracy, goernment coverups, Oh then there is the one about "the engine that got 500 miles per gallon and the guy got murdered because the oil companies put a hit out on him". There are a million of them. Do they have any idea how absolutely rediculous these things are? I guess it give some people a reason to live. But when they do it at the expense of the unbelievable effort that the men and women of the space program put in to it, not to mention the lives of three astronauts on the Appollo 1 launch pad, then I say they have gone too far. Go pick on someone else and leave these hard working "AMERICANS" alone.
  9. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Faked Moon Landings?

Hey Tim,
    don´t get too exited - I think this is rather amusing,

I am still waiting to hear the sound arguments for the claim . . ?
    I´d be very interested to hear them, col. kurtz. Or was it just a bad joke? Come to the stand and defend your case.

Best regards,
  10. Sorr, I get a little defensive when I sat on my couch and watched Niel set foot on the moon. Most of these would be conspirists were'nt even around when that happened. Like that moron president of Iran who claims there was no Holocost either. Did you ever notice these kind of people are always the first ones to speak up in a group to expound their rediculous theories? then with absence of factual information the listeners just go "Really, I didn't know that"! Then people go around mis-informed believing these so called facts. Next thing you know "There was no Holocost" and all those lives are fogotten. So forgive me if I get a little emotional. Most of these people have never accompllished a thing in their own lives. They interview some wanna be scientist who lives in a broken down trailer in the New Mexico desert with a beard the size of Moses' and he is their so called "expert". Not one of their "smoking guns" can stand up to the truth. So go for it Bengt, I don't have time to entertain these idiots.
  11. wedge

wedge Member

I´m 22 - when Eagle landed on the moon , I was swaying somewhere in my father´s balls , but I absolutely agree with this text above :thumb:
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i guess now we'll need a parental advisory warning on the home page for language content.
  13. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

About this discussion I'd like to give my contribute.
    In the ProjectApollo Group I found a message with this link to a page of Apollo 14 Lunar Surface Journal talking about Venus over Apollo 14 LM.

In the sequence, that Al Shepard took, You can see the planet and the Earth moving in the dark sky over LM

It's very difficult to me to imagine a conspiracy that simulates those astronomical sceneries at this level of detail that everyone can verify .... :eek:

Best, Nando :thumb:
  14. the mole

the mole Member

What is the time line for the next instalment for this great series? (Saturn V)

I hope soon.
  15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Saturn V Updates?

I second that, mole,

I am hoping for an update of the Saturn V and in particular the Apollo 11 launcher. I might then be able to incorporate it in my current build.

So, what´s the story on the design development, Mike and George? We are waiting for another great model release . . .

All the best from Stockholm,
    Bengt :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  16. jparenti

jparenti Member

I still need to get mine printed out and started. I've been swamped under a steady tide of unfinished models. :)
    Who's got the bravery to rescale Udon's 1/48 LM to fit this series? :twisted:
  17. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I need to post my Saturn IB Build.
  18. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

i was thinking of rescaling it for my downsized greelt's saturn v (1:96) but that would be awesome to get a LM that's 1:480:eek:
  19. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Think you could post a few pictures of the Saturn V? I'd actually thought of downsizing myself, but I didn't want to lose detail and risk it being harder than what it really is.
  20. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

sure! i'm doing the thrust structure right know and i'm building my fifth engine so pics will be up sometime soon. This is really a great model and the pieces are still ok to cut out at this size. i used scissors a lot to build it though, i find it a lot easier. :D