The Apollo Historical Series in 1/480th scale released!

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by George B, Apr 27, 2008.

1. George B

George B Senior Member

Hello Everyone,

As promised, Mike B and I have officially released the first round in The Apollo Historical Series.

This first set of releases consists of the following models;
    Skylab 2 Saturn 1B SA-206
    Skylab 3 Saturn 1B SA-207
    Skylab 4 Saturn 1B SA-208
    ASTP Saturn 1B SA-210
    To complete your display of each of the above missions, there’s also the Milkstool, LUT and Launch Platform. And as a special surprise release you’ll also find the KSC Rocket Garden Saturn 1B SA-209, horizontally displayed including the support stands.

Jon has graciously agreed to host the files at The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model Giftshop. To download any of these models please follow the link below.

Please be sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader which is available here for free from Adobe.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more exciting releases coming soon!

George B
  2. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i just tried to download these and the rocket files were blank pdfs. has anyone else had this happen?
  3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Just downloaded all the files, all are ok my end.

Look good as well.
  4. Try opeining with Adobe Reader 8.1. I had the same problem with my older version. This fixed it.
  5. Bravo to the first release. Very nice clear sharp graphics. I will be proud to display these. Thank you very much for your efforts in providing this to the modeling community.

Tim Hinds
  6. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

Yes, I had to update to the 2.3 version of Foxit to read these files, and plug in an addon as well. I converted the LUT/Milkstool, that one should read fine with older PDF readers.
  7. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

which plugin did you use and how did you instal it please?
  8. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

go to this page:

Foxit Software

and download these add-ons:

JPEG2000/JBIG Decoder download Info 2.0.2008.0425 197 KB 04/25/08
    Eastern Asian Language Support download Info 1.0.2006.0912 1.25 MB 09/12/06

they are zip files, just add the contents of them to the sub-directory that you installed foxit to. In my case it was:

D:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

worked!! huge thank you jleslie48!!

and a huge thank you to george B and mike b. they look great!!
  10. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I see (and smell) diorama with these models... bounce7
  11. wedge

wedge Member

Thank you very, very much . it will be very nice to have them build all !!! in czech : Děkujem hoši !!!!
  12. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

Wait until you see the rest of the models in the series. You have no idea... :)

13. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Thank you very much,
    George and Mike,

I have downloaded them all. I think I will start with the 'old' Saturn V and LUT.
    Thanks again.

Bengt :thumb:
  14. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

You're certainly welcome to build the "old" version, but we're updating the Saturn V models as well, so you may want to wait for the new ones. It won't be long, I promise.

15. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

this I gotta see... :twisted:
  16. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

Not that I want to build up your expectations up too high, but George and I went kinda nuts...

As I'm writing this, we're discussing what to release next and when. The next batch is all designed, we just have to button up the details.
  17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

New Saturn V Rockets In The Wings . . .

Thanks for the tip, Mike,

I have already printed the sheet for the Saturn V launcher but I will wait for the updates and compare . . .

True to my usual habit, I will enlarge them slightly to A3 size (152 % - 297x420mm) - the quality is outstanding in this format, too.

Bengt :thumb:
  18. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

One of the nice things is that they are truly desktop sized models, so they really don't take up a ton of space, and George's paint jobs are truly amazing -- he's done a wonderful job capturing detail I just couldn't possibly include.

I think your idea of donating them to a HS teacher is great.
  19. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

You could also do what I did and double the size of the vehicle and make it fly...
  20. lairdre

lairdre Member

I noticed in looking at the pdf files, that one half of the crane hook is backwards.