That`s no moon...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Marco Scheloske, Apr 7, 2008.

1. I`ld like to share a model of mine which makes a first place in the modeling competition of the JediCon 2008 in Duesseldorf, Germany, two weeks ago... as you may assumed because of the thread title it is a Death Star - but a lit one!

The diameter is 30 cm.

Approx. 22.000 (!) lit windows are giving a sense of "the size if that thing" :mrgreen:

Here it is:
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Very nice. The second Death Star I've seen today. :)

Very smooth too, you sure this is a papermodel? LOL
  3. Yes, I am.

Ok, I confess I cheated a bit: It is constructed over a styrofoam sphere. That way it became so smooth.
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

So, it's not a paper model?, or it is, over a foam sphere?
  5. It is a 30 cm diameter Death Star paper model, once developed by a friend of mine, Raimund Peter from Austria, available as a free download at several locations in the web. I used a 30 cm diameter styrofoam sphere as a core to build it (as Raimund always did with his smaller version and Perry Rhodan spherical starships).

So it is a papermodel, over a foam sphere. With a lamp inside. And 22.000 holes punched into it to show it lit.
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow! That's a lot of work, great job Marko! How long did it take you to punch all of those holes? Looks like a real PITA! Really looks sharp lit up like that!:thumb:
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I like it... I like it a lot. Makes me want to styro one myself. Lights are cool too.

Nice work on the Star Wars Disco Ball of Death. =)
  8. Just one year... :p
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I love it! Need one of thos everchanging fiber optic lights in there ;) one figer going to each window of course AAAAAHHHHHH!
  10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Or.....better yet... How about one of those plasma balls inside?
  11. sakrison

sakrison Member

Nice work!!
  12. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

13. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

...I so need to build one of that!! Nice!!