Thankyou all from Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hello my friends, first of all let me thank you all very much for your kind words for a speedy recovery. I had a very narrow escape I can tell you. I already have Bronchial Pneumonia, but what I didn’t know was I suffered from Asthma as well. For some unknown reason they both decide to play a big part in my life all at once. I collapsed at home unable to take a breath properly, so the wife called an ambulance; I was rushed into hospital where they diagnosed the severe Asthma attack. After many injections plus Steroids (8 per day) and a face mask (Oxygen plus something else) I am now well on the way to a full recovery. You are all a great bunch of people and I heartily thank each and every one of you.
Thank you, and a Happy new year.

Shamus

wink.gif

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
It's soooo good to see your moniker back on here again, my friend!:) :) :) :) :)
I'm glad to hear you're making a good recovery...now if we can just get Tyson back here in one piece, we can all mosey down to the lounge car for a round of toasts...& the drinks are on me! :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I guess it's never too late in life for a " nasty surprise". Now that you are on the mend, we can ALL breathe a little easier.(pun intended) Rest, and take care. I'll join you and the others in the club car when you're back to full, life kickin' strength.
Pete

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Paul, I'm just delighted to hear that you're "perculating" again!!:) :) :)

Take it easy though 'cause you've been through a lot!!

Heck...Let all go to the club car now...we need to be sure that the libations are fit for "the grande return"!!:D :D :D

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Great news, Shamus! :D

We were all praying for your recovery. I am glad you are back to your old self, well almost. Take care my friend and I am delited to see you are doing better. A maste like you is hard to find .

God Bless

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Great News Shamus :D :D

So happy our prayers were answered. I hope you are back to normal (whatever is normal for you, hehe). A master like you is hard to find. You are a great teacher and we missed you.

Take care and God Bless

Keep the pictures comming, it gives us a goal to reach in our modeling.

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Happy Days

Shamus.... so to hear glad you are on the mend. After haveing shaken hands with the grim reaper myself this past year I know how you feel. this is my first post in over a year and its not from South Africa but from Canada. Visiting Georgetown Ontario. Looking forward to seeing more of your Badger Creek
Cheers

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Shamus. Glad you are on the mend.
I know what it is like not being able to breath. My wife has congestive heart failure. It is pumping only 1/3 of the oxygen carring blood and she is constantly panting for more oxygen. If she walks a block she has to stop to get enough oxygen in her system to continue.