Thanksgiving at home

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
We had Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year. My son and his wife and mother-in-law, and my daughter came to be with us. Son Rich has been following my antics with the layout wanted to see the "trains". He had a very good time

Digital camera $500.00, Thanksgiving Dinner $60.00, the layout more than I want to count. Rich at the controls - PRICELESS!!!

:) :) :)

Attachments

• rich & dcc.jpg
    rich & dcc.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 93

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
and last one. He has a n-gauge engine and cars that we gave him for Christmas a few years ago. He says that he is going to have a decoder installed in it so he can bring it up to be a part of the layout. :) :) :)

Attachments

• rich on the track.jpg
    rich on the track.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 106
David, I took one look at the photos and thought, "Wow!" I am impressed!

You are putting up one fine looking layout. And it's great you're getting your son involved. I have two grown daughters, neither of whom have any interest at all in my train building activities. (One of the daughters does have copies of the magazines carrying my articles and photos, but that's the extent of her interest.)

Congratulations on both counts. :)

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys,

We did have a great time with the kids and it was a delight to see Rich take the DCC throttle and control 3 trains. For those contemplating DCC here is a guy who does not have a layout, just the engine cars, track and DC powerpack that we gave him, and in 5 minutes he was "selecting" and moving trains around the layout. The discovery this trip is that I need a couple of 'Loco-net" panels around the layout. :) :)