Thanks Shamus

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
With Shamus's help, I finally was able to take some apurture priority photos with my new digital camera. I didn't put much effort into the lighting and setup, that will come later. I really won't have much time for trains till November. But here's one for now. A Campbell "Bret's Brewery" built as abandoned.

Attachments

• p1010022.jpg
    p1010022.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 131

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
WOW!!
Gary,
That is some $#@!ed fine modeling!
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Is that brickwork a plaster cast?
I love all the rust, & peeling paint!
A fantastic model!

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Thanks Charlie. The brickwork is a clear plastic sheet which Campbell supplies with their kits. Or at least the kits that have brickwork of course! I love building Campbell kits, this one was one I've had for a mightly long time, finally had a layout where it could realistically be put to use, although it had to be built abandoned as I model 1950 era. Where the hole is in the roof is where the stack for the boiler goes, I plan to install it as fallen down onto the dock below. Again, as I always say, someday. I'm no Shamus, in speed or quality!

Gary

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gary,
Glad I could help you with your Olympus C700, excellent photo and nice colours also.

Shamus

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Gary,
I don't know about the speed, but the quality is there. Campbell kits are fun to build, it would be nice if "the worlds Greatest Hobby" would promote kit building. The abandoned look is excellent, and so's the photo.
Pete

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Actually I have a scene I wanted to finish and use for the contest, but I can see now it won't be done in time. I will enter something for the heck of it however. After the prototype and special effects contests, and perhaps a short break, will we go thru the cycle again?

Gary

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Cycle again,that sounds like hard work, much prefer a CAR:D

After the three contest have been run, it will start all over again at a later date.

So no need to worry

Shamus