Thanks for the spam reports

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Peter T Davis, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

I just wanted to take a moment to give everyone who's been reporting spams a big thank you. It is definately a big help in keeping the boards clean. Keep up the good work! It's much appreciated.
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I don't understand why this forum is being hit so much... I am on several other forums and it's not like this.
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

We clean them out quickly though.
    Most of the ones I've caught are at 3 or 4 am when the forum is mostly inactive
    and I am having another one of those sleepless nights.
    Maybe something needs to be changed as far as registration goes to help keep them at bay.

4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Let's use the proper method.

Ya know guys I think it's a good reminder here to point out in lieu of this mornings spam and the 3 or so replies that were posted in the thread that our very hardworking admins don't like us responding to spam threads they would rather we click on the little exclamation point in the white triangle with the red border in the upper right corner of every post and tell them what's wrong with the post and if I remember right the admins get a pm and an email and maybe some other form of notification that there's a problem and instead of having to winnow through posts to find the spam they are given the exact location and don't have delete member posts when they delete the offending thread.
  5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Which is exactly what I do... :grin: