Thank you to George, Shamus, Jessica(g/f), and Dremel Tool!

kf4jqd

Thanks to all that helped!

I would like to thank all the people who responded to my article, "Mistakes made". The solutaion can to me by my g/f Jessica. She can down to the basement and asked me what I was doing? I told her that George and Shamus told me to redesign the layout.

She almost had a Wisconsin dairy cow! She said, "Nooooooooooooo! You put to much time and money in to that thing."

She was right. I asked her,"What am I suppose to do? The guys on 'The-Gauge' said redo it." I showed her my new plans to redo it.

"What a mess! Where is the Dremel tool I gave you?"

"Right here!" I said

"ok. Where does the engine hits the bridge?"

So I showed her.

"That's the problem?! What if you cut the first handrailing off?"

" I don't want to reck the bridge!"

She said," That is better to redo the entire layout. Just cut here." She was showing me where to cut.

So, with hisitation, I did it. The I turned around the train. Well, well, well.....No more Polish Railroad! That solved the problem. Doesn't hit anymore.

I still want to change it. That is going to have to waite til next winter. Spring is coming and I want to be outside. Maybe a garden railroad? Who knows!?
smile.gif

Thanks,
Andy

STOP EVERYTHING!!!
Did I do some kit bashing?!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

PS
I did forget you too Woodie!

George

Andy,

We have a new formula;

Polish Girl + Dremel = Good Clearance.
wink.gif

Glad to have been able to help. Now, wasn't that easier than having to get a permit for interior demolition?

The shots you provided look like you have a fine layout in the works, and now you have circumvented a mistake that hopefully you will never deal with again. Remember, 6 inches straight on BOTH SIDES of bridges, tunnels and platforms. Write it in stone.

Just one question. Were you not able to take the side structure off and invert it? I never built that kit and that's why I ask.

Thank God for Dremel! Did you know that dentists use them in third world countries?

George.

kf4jqd

George:

I just cut the first cross section of the bridge off. And only to one side! It actually looks good!

By the way, we ate at Applebees yesterday. What they had hanging over our table shocked me. A Rock Island pictures and a Lionel train. To bad they used big carpterners screws to hold it to the wall! (My B-day treat).

Andy

Virginian

Well, Iiiii'll beee!!
Andy, I think someone at Appleby's Corp."Interior Decorations" department is psychic... our local Appleby's has a framed print of O. Winston Link's photo "drive-in" with N&W's #1242 class A, hanging on a divider wall (I had no Idea!).. I sat across from it just after My birthday back in February!! I didn't even see the train for about 10-15 minutes of lookin' at the 50s cars in the foreground! And get this... after doing a bit of re-reading and photo study...# 1232 was built the year I was born, in my home town of Roanoke, Va.!!!...hmmm... Maybe we should think about havin' a 'the-gauge Convention' at an Appleby's somewhere, sometime??
biggrin.gif

I Hope your birthday celebration was as happy as mine,
VGN
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 03-27-2001).]

George

Andy,

Belated Happy Birthday! Now, the next time you go to Appleby's, make sure that you have a large zip case, and Jessica has a Bosch cordless screwdriver!
wink.gif
Stick with her, she's on the right track!

Your only problem now with the bridge will be people coming by and saying; "Gee, my bridge doesn't look like that! Wherdjagetit?" May that be the only problem you have with it ever!

George.