Thank you all very much

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by DeWayne, Aug 27, 2006.

1. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

Thank you one and all for the good wishes, prayers and kind words. This is something that has been coming on for some time but I didn't realize the severity of it until I was hospitalized before the operation quite unexpectedly.

I still have some residual numbness in the right hand and fingers but slowly that is going away. No pain in the chest which surprises me. I really expected a lot considering the cuts, scars and scrapes life has given me along the way. I breath like I honestly don't remember when and have grown to love my pillow like a kid with his teddy bear. Those of you that have had this or similar know exactly what I mean.

If I can keep the thieves at bay I intend to serve the modeling community along with my friends Roman and Marek for a very long time.
    God Bless you one and all,
    A very happy DeWayne

PS: Site is open now but will remove scrolling message in a couple days.

Attached Files:

2. angevine

angevine Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

My father has a valve replacement op several years ago and I remember him vividly cradling his pillow when he needed to cough. Did'nt help that one of the male nurses in the ward was a real comic and kept making everyone laugh!

Any way, please get well soon and all the best.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Get well soon.

Someone get him some models, glue and a blade STAT!
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Glad to have you back DeWayne!
  5. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Best wishes DeWayne! Ignore my email about the two Macchi's, I didn't realize that it was a two part kit:roll:
  6. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

Thank you all. In the photo I sent I was still overheated from the pain medication. This was shot at just a little after 10 AM the day after the surgery. I was able to keep the beard as long as I gave up the cheek fuzz for tape :) Still have to keep it wound up for a couple more weeks but at least I still have it.
    On the Macchi file, there was a correction that needed to be made and I didn't know any other way to do it without breaking up the file. I hope to reduce it at some point this year.
    Oh... I am getting my surgeon involved in card models. He has an 11 year old son that thinks these are the neatest thing. He's currently working on the Berlin 9. Roman, you should be proud. My doctor also likes the odd aircraft.
    Happy to be back,
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Glad to hear from you DeWayne............. sorry to say but you have one year of feeling yucky and then it get MUCH better. Keep the pillow close........ and try and not sneeze...........

My dad had 3 by-pass surgery 11 years ago............ first year was you can't stop him!

Take care...........and rest and relax.......... Do WHAT THE DOCTOR say.......... I know you have already heard that a million times..........

8. Darwin

Darwin Member

Glad to hear you are back and kicking. My father's bypass gave him an additional 30 years. If the hospital comes up missing a few scalpels, we all know where to look....keep on keeping on, fella.
  9. Huey

Huey Member

I'm praying for your speedy and full recovery. God Bless you!
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey DeWayne,

Get well soon and take care of yourself.

Getter 1
  11. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Hey DeWayne,
    I hope that you are doing better. Get well soon. I know what your going through. Keep the happy sprit going. We are all pulling for you.
  12. barry

barry Active Member

Nice to see you in one piece again hope you are out of that bed soon

best wishes

13. possm_23

possm_23 Member

Get well soon...and remember....possum phat does wonders for :)
  14. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Get well soon, DeWayne...we are happy to have you here...
  15. silverw

silverw Member

GOOD LUCK Dwayne...... and watch out for those nurses!! :)
    ......... Bill
  16. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Welcome back DeWayne!