Tgif! Sit, Visit, Have A Cup Or 3 & A Doughnut

Shay Driver

Sep 5, 2002
Kyle, Texas
Visit site
Goooood Mornin' GAUGERS,

The doughnuts are on the table. Fifteen dozen and two dozen bear claws. Oh yes, two dozen doughnut holes for the dieters (a certain lady comes to mind). You will find hot coffee and tea (EG) and cold OJ at the other end of the table.

D&D youse can park the Harleys in the back room; just wheel them in the back door. :D :cool: ;)

WARNING! If'n y'all see Debbie with a can of avocado green paint and a brush lock ALL of the doors and run for your lives. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :p :D

As I said in another post it sure is nice to see familiar faces and so many friendly new ones, too.

Eat up everybody.

Lay track and run trains.

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Hey Nelson, I gotta' wait to see how the day goes before I'll agree with the TGIF thing... I need to catch up two weeks of work--today...:eek:

Somebody keep Wolv away from the sugar... If he keeps going without sleep, he's gonna' start acting weird... Wait a minute, too late...:D You know, I am in Arizona and tend to stay up late, but it is really frustrating to get outlasted by a guy from Missouri. Sheesh, isn't Missouri in the Greenwich time zone or something? I mean, the guy can't get jet lag 'cause you have to at least have a sleep schedule to get thrown off...;)
Well it's late here and I'm going to bed. Wolv, isn't it time for your monthly 20 minute nap, or did you get October's nap out of the way already?...:D

Peace, all,
Tom F

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Cool!

The official start of the day with the breakroom!

Two donuts and some tea for me please. Hope everyone stops by, I sure ain't gonna eat all of them. LOL!

Actually Tom,

I hold a record for being the longest online somewhere in IA. I used to belong to this adult-oriented BBS (before you start thinking dirty, allow me to explain).

This was just regular chat with regular people. Nothing in private or anything like that. Anyhow, I stayed on the system for 2 weeks straight. I was kicked off by a power outtage during an ice storm. One heck of a phone bill when I got done! LOL!

My unit would volunteer me for the long-range recon duties while in Central America, because I had the highest no sleep stamina any of them had ever seen.

Ohhh btw, we are two hours ahead of you-CST. :D :D

Now, if everyone will quit posting for a while, I can go work on some more ballasting. I got most of the module done. Just have a few more sections of track to ballast and then apply that blasted Woodland scenics cement. The hardest part was getting the ballast to stick to the angled edges, but with elmers glue and some water added with it, it has worked fine!

Paintshop will be opening up today and in will go a few ROCK units and some ATSF re-numbering jobs.

Pics will be posted as soon as I get the S404 Dimage Minolta.

Later.

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
mornin' gang.

here are two dozen crullers and 2 dozen assorted to make up for yesterday's disappearing donut disaster. (the glazed are especially good this morning)

plenty to do here at the office, so the trains will have to wait until after 6. hope you all have a good day. :cool:

and tyson, I almost sipped the jug dry but remembered it's the life blood to so many members. I'll stick with the yoohoo today. :D

NYCentral

Aug 29, 2002
Albany, NY
Visit site
Cool, Nelson is back up and running!!! Good Morning Everyone. Another busy day here.

Hey Mr Backwater (oh I mean Stillwater, oh Feedwater), I can't read your text, the old eyes are not what they used to be.;)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks,

Ah all is right with the world again the break room is open. A quick cup of coffee and a unlicked donut will be fine today.

Casey Feedwater (Mike C) thanks for the painting tips back on the RR-Line. I tried airbrushing with some craft paints from Plaid. Worked a great deal better than the Polly Scale. The paint covered better and looks better. I still need to work on thinning the paint some. I had to keep a wet Q-tip handy to clean the tip as I brushed. But all in all it was a better experience than what I had before.

I am glad to see that we have another jug. The old one had burn marks and was beat up pretty bad from the fire. We should find a place of reverence for it to store it.

Halloween train on the Strasburg RR tomorrow night and a tour of the Haunted RR Museum of PA afterwards. The kids have been driving us crazy about seeing “spooky trains”. So tomorrow they get ‘em.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Originally posted by NYCentral
Cool, Nelson is back up and running!!! Good Morning Everyone. Another busy day here.

Hey Mr Backwater (oh I mean Stillwater, oh Feedwater), I can't read your text, the old eyes are not what they used to be.;)

Mine neither, Mr. Phil, mine neither. So I scrubbed up that letterin' a bit with some naval jelly and that rust color just disappeared....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Originally posted by TomPM

Casey Feedwater (Mike C) thanks for the painting tips back on the RR-Line. I tried airbrushing with some craft paints from Plaid. Worked a great deal better than the Polly Scale. The paint covered better and looks better. I still need to work on thinning the paint some. I had to keep a wet Q-tip handy to clean the tip as I brushed. But all in all it was a better experience than what I had before.

That's great, Tom. I'm glad you're getting good results. Plaid and Apple Barrel are two of my favorites.

You might want to try Ceramcoat sometime also. I believe the pigments are more finely ground than in some of the other brands, making it a little easier to airbrush.

That was a pretty good thread several of us had going there, wasn't it? It's a shame to have lost so much good info. :(

Nothing new on it in quite a while, Phil. Too many demands on my time lately. I have managed to get a little done on a new structure (the wagon and tractor repair shed I kept yapping about :rolleyes: ) and I got a little done last night on my oil tanker. But as far as the layout goes..... yikes :eek: :rolleyes: :(

ANo10

Sep 1, 2002
Midland, Texas
Visit site
Morning All,

To me the worst thing about a forum becoming defunct is the loss of the archive section and references. Casey, your post on logging references were invaluable. Thank goodness, I printed them. Now if I had had the foresight to print the mining references. Thanks for everyone's hard work there. Enuff said. Now where's the jug??? I'm not touching those donuts, there's tongue marks on them...

Jim

Lizard Creek Timber Company

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Ahhhhh!! Home again. I'll just scrape my boots off here on the door sill. Maybe we need one of them new fangled boot brush thingys!

Any maple bars left?

Pass the jug.

I wonder if there is a place to here to re-open the Blue Note? It is Friday night after all!:D :D :D