Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by rkelterer, Jan 16, 2004.

1. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

let's start ... ;)
  2. 57townsman

57townsman Member

We're all in our places with bright shiny faces :roll:

3. cardfan

cardfan Member

And with at least 2 sharpend No. 2 pencils...
  4. JRSeese

JRSeese Member

/em places an apple on the teacher's desk
  5. philippe

philippe Member

it's a place to learn english?
    my favourite cutter is english (swann-morton chirgurical) i am frenchman,
    result: blood on my papermodel!
    twice to lose!
    no more war!
  6. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

dear friends,

As this site started to become alive, I posted in this forum to start the discussion about ...( this important point was forgotten by me :? )

hence I propose this thread to become the wishlist for tutorials.

7. JRSeese

JRSeese Member

Well done Raimund!

I wish for a tutorial on ship rigging materials, procedures, tips & tricks, etc.
    Can a person wish more than once, or maybe only once a year on their birthday? There are just so many topics I know nothing about!

8. 57townsman

57townsman Member

I'd like a tutorial on how to build wings WITHOUT the warp :wink:

9. barry

barry Active Member

if I get to be an elite veteran do I have to wear a funny hat like Josh ?

10. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

which reminds me.....

In the original instructions for one of Burt Rutans glass fibre home build aircraft, he included a mail coupon, so that after VERY carefully bulding one wing, discovering how easy it was and charging ahead with the second one, you could then get in touch with like-minded builders, who, like you, then discovered they had built two left (or right) wings! No doubt you could then arrange a swap..... Enthusiasm is a wonderful thing.

PS Did someone mention tutorials?
  11. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

wings without warp?

....really depends on the scale. larger scales with formers can be a bit cahallenging. my best advive, without getting tutorial, would be carefully score (with straight edge) if needed and uniform assembly. pressing a wing edge flat along it's entire length can help prevent "twist". it happens to everyone.
  12. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Thanks for the tips! I will try them out on my next build :D In the mean time, any advice on how to close the wing tips without inducing said warp?
    Should the skin be glued to the formers or loose to allow adjustment? I tried one wing each way and can't say it made much difference :(

Thanks again, perhaps a tutorial isn't needed after all :lol: