[test-building] Railway Lorry SSml - free model

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by Jurgen, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen New Member

I want to present you my 'report from test-building' a railway lorry.
    Author of this model - Wojciech 'SAS' Cieciwa asked me, can I make a test bulding of his model.
    You can download this model from website: http://cieciwa.republika.pl/pdf/SSml-0.9.00.pdf or visit author's website: http://cieciwa.republika.pl/modele.html (only in polish).
    Model od railway lorry 'SSml' is still update.

So, It's time to say something about this model:
    - Model is very big (about 50 cm length) and very simple in building
    - Unfortunatelly, there is no much detailed drawings showed the way of building
    - Last two sheets must be printed in two copies
    - Model conatains a 13 sheet A4 paper.

Ok, now it's time to show the photos:

- Some details of railway lorry:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

- Wheels with a axis and dish

[​IMG] [​IMG]

- A complete wheel carriage (montage without glue)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

- The Initially fitting of wheel carriage to the platform

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And some extra photos showed the railway-lorry on tracks (from my railway gun model - Leopold)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Model is not finished yet. I must make a few detailed parts, and I show progress of my work in next post.

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Coming along great! Thanks for sharing it with us and really looiking forward to more!
  3. Fozzy The Bear

Fozzy The Bear New Member

WOW!!! Fantastic!!! That's a model designed by someone who very clearly understands the engineering of the real thing. I'll be building this one.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
  4. cieciwa

cieciwa New Member

Please wait with this :)
    Jurgen found some errors - fixing in progress
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Free, detailed railway models?! Tell me I'm not imagining things but... Great! I'll be watching this testbuild
  6. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Nice looking trucks! Keep up the great work!
  7. hmas

hmas Member

THANK YOU, the quality of this model is great.
    I note quote "And some extra photos showed the railway-lorry on tracks (from my railway gun model - Leopold)"
    The leopold had 6 axles not 2 bogies (4 axles)as shown or am I missing some piccys?
  8. Fozzy The Bear

Fozzy The Bear New Member

No Tony, You're not missing any pictures...... He means that the model of the track it's sitting on is from his Leopold Gun. This Wagon is at the same scale as the Leopold so the track is the right Gauge.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
  9. hmas

hmas Member

OK I'll blame it on being midnight & tired, but we all know the real answer don't we! grin
  10. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

at first i couldn't think of why this beautiful model would be in our humble section, but then i thought of all the period photos i have seen of vehicles loaded for rail travel. i think it would look good loaded with a vehicle (or vehicles). a display option not often seen with models....
  11. cieciwa

cieciwa New Member